Derren Brown's Awesomeness!

Oct 28, 2007
Hey guys, i have been watching a lot of darren brown stuff and it is really amazing and i have been doing some studing of sorts. I would like to go out and try some of these things he is doing, but I was wondering if anyone else has ever gone out and tried these things? Do they work? I really want to try these especially the paper money scam. :p

Dec 4, 2007
www.thrallmind.com
Hey guys, i have been watching a lot of darren brown stuff and it is really amazing and i have been doing some studing of sorts. I would like to go out and try some of these things he is doing, but I was wondering if anyone else has ever gone out and tried these things? Do they work? I really want to try these especially the paper money scam. :p

They do. Just be careful. If you are watching the how and just doing what he is...98% of the time you'll fail. So much more goes into it than you can actually see.

It's not unheard of for people to end up with broken noses from attempting those things without actual working knowledge.

-ThrallMind

Sep 1, 2007
Sydney, Australia
Well since you've been watching a lot of his stuff you would have realised his name is Derren Brown. :p

Anyway, there's a DVD by Anthony Jacquin called "Reality is Plastic" that you might want to check out. Also, check out "The Devil's Picturebook" by Derren Brown and Banachek's Psi series. They are some good mental magic/hypnosis/mentalism DVD's.

Cheers,
Shanku

Aug 31, 2007
The Paper Money scam is easy and works most of the time. Thrall mind is crazy when he says you'll fail 98% of the time.

Dec 17, 2007
Canada
Well I hate to burst your bubble but most of that stuff cant be learn like a card trick Derren (My closest thing to an idol) has been doing this for a long time and it is basically conversational hypnosis let me tell you it isn't easy Anchoring is a bi** so get a book on NLP (Neuro Lingustic Programming) / hypnosis i would go with either Tom silver or Ormand Mcgill.

Dec 4, 2007
www.thrallmind.com
Well I hate to burst your bubble but most of that stuff cant be learn like a card trick Derren (My closest thing to an idol) has been doing this for a long time and it is basically conversational hypnosis let me tell you it isn't easy Anchoring is a bi** so get a book on NLP (Neuro Lingustic Programming) / hypnosis i would go with either Tom silver or Ormand Magill.

Thank you for saying that :)

Anchoring is fun, though. Actually, for NLP, I have a good amount of recommendations, none of them deal with the magic side. PM if interested. I'm not going to post them here because I refuse to let a kid see the book, pick it up, read a chapter, and think they can go out and hypnotize :p

-ThrallMind

Dec 4, 2007
www.thrallmind.com
Wait, don't you already know it?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2jYUd2y5nlw

Is this the one we were talking about? I think we may be talking about different things.

Yes, I do. However, you claim to also. As I said, humor me and explain how you believe it to be so easy, and almost always work. if you don't feel like posting it here for the world to see, feel free to PM me instead.

-ThrallMind

Aug 31, 2007
Yes, I do. However, you claim to also. As I said, humor me and explain how you believe it to be so easy, and almost always work.

-ThrallMind

Alright, we were thinking of two totally different things as ninja pointed out. So, I apologize for the misunderstanding.

Penn and Teller's Bull**** one is the easy one. Derren Brown's isn't.

Oct 28, 2007
cool, penn and teller's is pretty awsome but tricking people to take paper instead of money! that is gold.

I will try both and hopefully not get into to much trouble! :p

p.s i think it is hilarious that the shop merchants don't catch him but the vender does! i guess it makes sense because the vender is only worried about the money.

Aug 31, 2007
cool, penn and teller's is pretty awsome but tricking people to take paper instead of money! that is gold.

You'll probably get a notable more success rate w/ Penn & Teller's. :p

I can't even comprehend how paper money got past those people in the Derren Brown clip.

Dec 4, 2007
www.thrallmind.com

Heh, have fun! Remember this though, the busier the place, the better. And if you do manage...at least correct their error.

I can't even comprehend how paper money got past those people in the Derren Brown clip.

You should see the outtake where it didn't work :p

-ThrallMind

Oct 28, 2007
You'll probably get a notable more success rate w/ Penn & Teller's. :p

neither can I! but i will try until it works!:p

on the other hand Derren Brown is freaking amazing! I don't think i would want to meet him though, he might steal all my stuff by asking me!:p

Aug 31, 2007
Heh, have fun! Remember this though, the busier the place, the better. And if you do manage...at least correct their error.

You should see the outtake where it didn't work :p

-ThrallMind

There was one with the hot dog guy where he noticed. Lol, he must have gotten beaten up at least once. A 4.5K pound ring? That's 9 grand here in the US.

Oct 28, 2007
There was one with the hot dog guy where he noticed. Lol, he must have gotten beaten up at least once. A 4.5K pound ring? That's 9 grand here in the US.

how did you know that?

p.s i have some questions on smoke but no one is responding so could i have some answers?

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results