Dice?

DominusDolorum

Elite Member
Jul 15, 2013
Canada
I bought Rhines Dice the moment it came out and was not disappointed. Like Will, I am also looking for a third effect to have that perfect "rule of 3" set and I believe I found something that works for me.

Reactions: Aoma Cups
Oct 6, 2017
Pittsburgh, PA
I like Rhines Dice as well, I have not performed it for anyone because I never carry dice with me but I like the whole idea. Plus it led to me looking more into ESP and Zener Cards, etc... which I find very interesting! Would love to find more dice tricks to work with these 2 effects but haven't spent any time looking.

Jason England

Elite Member
May 6, 2015
Edwin Sachs published "Changing Die" in his book Sleight of Hand in 1877. (The idea of using a paddle move to show the same side of a die twice was an old idea even back then.)

Decades later, Bruce Elliott published an improved version called Sack's Spotted Sorcery - Phoenix #152, p. 615. That's the one you want to start with. Other people (Bob Sheets, Daryl, James Lewis, Reed McClintock etc) are all building on the Sack's routine.

The Sach/Sack's thing is just a coincidence. Edwin Sachs died in 1919. Dr. Theodore Sack didn't release his version of the effect until the late 1940s.

Reactions: Aoma Cups
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results