Did anyone else catch Jamy Ian Swiss on Craig Ferguson's show last night?

Feb 16, 2009
South Bend, IN
I happened to see someone mention this on the Genii forums. I thought it was supposed to be on friday and I was pleasantly surprised to see this yesterday. Take a look at this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uXK1MV-f0Us

I was very impressed with Jamy's choice of material. He didn't go for easy or surefire stuff. He took his chances and he blew the spectators away. I think this shows how difficult techniques, when well executed, can lead to some amazing effects.

Also, Ferguson is an easier host than Letterman (Just Saying).

Apr 5, 2009
Illinois
I happened to see someone mention this on the Genii forums. I thought it was supposed to be on friday and I was pleasantly surprised to see this yesterday. Take a look at this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uXK1MV-f0Us

I was very impressed with Jamy's choice of material. He didn't go for easy or surefire stuff. He took his chances and he blew the spectators away. I think this shows how difficult techniques, when well executed, can lead to some amazing effects.

Also, Ferguson is an easier host than Letterman (Just Saying).

this performance was amazing!! i absolutely loved every second of it. he was composed, funny, in control, and magical.

Nov 8, 2007
I fell asleep on the couch last night and when I woke up I was watching Jamy Ian Swiss do magic for Craig Ferguson. I honestly thought I was dreaming it was so weird. I closed my eyes to go back to sleep then realized I was awake and had actually seen what I thought I saw, so I picked up my remote and rewound my DVR so I could watch it from the beginning.

Swiss did great, as would be expected. He's a killer with a deck of cards, so I knew whatever he did would be awesome. Not sure the material Swiss was doing wasn't easy or surefire for him, but it certainly was for the mere mortal card mechanic. The only thing I wasn't crazy about was how unnatural his hand, looked, for what felt like a while, after the Mercury Card Fold. I think it's probably just the magician in me, though--I don't know. I doubt most or many laymen would have noticed it as the attention was on the card box at that point.

I think Swiss would have done fine on Letterman as well, but it certainly did help that Feguson was into it and seemed to really enjoy the magic. I hope, in the future, that late night shows reach out to the best the magic community has to offer, as that certainly was not what the producers of Letterman had done--overall--for their close-up magic week.

All in all it was a very good appearance for both Swiss and magic in general.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results