Did anyone else catch this?

Lyle Borders

Elite Member
Aug 5, 2008
Seattle, WA
www.theory11.com
Howie's face said it all. I don't care if it was the best performance from our side of the fence or not, but I have to say that Mike knocked it out of the park with the four people that mattered. He even gave me weird vibes, haha.

// L

Last edited by a moderator:

Justin.Morris

Elite Member
Aug 31, 2007
Canada
www.morrismagic.ca
That was excellent. I like how when I read through the comments no one is even close. The best explanation was an electric chalk board. lol Mike did a Super job. (see what I did there?)

One comment was interesting to me, "What about the "Steve" part? It's strange that he didn't give much attention to it though, he focused more on the numbers (which is not the coolest part IMHO)"

What are your thoughts on that response? Would you present it differently?

Dec 23, 2010
I couldn't agree more. Just wondering have you seen this trick done before by chance? Also, love the super funny pun. They only thing I would've done slightly different now is show the word Steve to the 3 judges and then have Howie reveal it. I think that would've broken theories that were going around in the comment section. It was a fantastic performance though. I love how casual he was throughout the performance.

Dec 18, 2007
Northampton, MA - USA
Mike is a MAGICIAN doing Mental Magic, he's not a MENTALIST in fact, he's hurt mentalism significantly doing stuff that's he's done on TV . . . I'll give him kudos for being able to deal with the parameters set on him for AGT but I cannot be supportive beyond that. As a rule, he stinks at mentalism and he needs to go back to being a bloody stage illusionist.

May 21, 2014
Staunton, VA
Meh. The "Spirit Guide" act was never one that I cared much for. I also feel like I see those boards all over the place, so I can't exactly give him points for originality. The effect is interesting, but he draws attention away from the name thing and focuses on the numbers, which presents as more of a parlor-puzzler than a spiritual miracle. Of all the Haunted Slates routines I've seen (which admittedly isn't many), this is probably one of the weaker ones. Ghosts doing math just isn't that compelling to me for some reason.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results