Digging Up the Past

Remember when you were a child? All the games you used to play? You'd be able to create entire worlds just in your imagination. I remember grabbing cap guns and being able to create a whole new world. I'd be party of an army, fighting against the "bad guys". It was incredible, oh how I wish to be that age again. Well, why can't I? You are only as young as you feel. Try to think like a child again, your imagination will allow you to bring your magic to whole new levels.

Think like a child...

Discuss.

Mitchell

Sep 1, 2007
Calgary
Sounds good, my immaturity has brought me some sweet looking home made effects. but then again you don't want to be immature when you're performing.

Aug 31, 2007
California
I agree.

Imagination... is magic.

I don't think Mitch is talking about immaturity. More on the imaginative side of childhood thinking. You could have been a cowboy, a robber, a super hero... you could fly when you were a child. If we think like that as a creator, who knows what kinds of things we can come up with.

Keenan

Children have the sharpest eyes.

"Ok, I'm going to take this card..."
"Hey! Thats Two cards!"

How many times have you had that happen before?

Cheers, Tom

Wow, too many times that has happened to me, you just have to really practice your doubles, I've spent more hours practicing my Ambitious card in the mirror and on video camera than any other trick.

I remember when I was a child I use to have a huge fascination with superheros. Like Spiderman, Superman, Batman (lol. Kenner), and any other superhero you could think of. I use to have championship tournament matches where theyd fight eachother and use wrestling moves and stuff and end up beating eachother up until they were pinned for a 3 count. I remember I use to have 2 who would always end up in the finals and they would have an epic battle where theyd travel through dimensions and go through black holes. Awww good times, great topic Mitch.

-RA69

Brewery Rabbit

Elite Member
Aug 31, 2007
Poulsbo, Wa
Here is my theory

80% is talking.

Adults listen to what you say and get sucked into Conversation.

Kids..

They could care less. they will scream. "SHUT UP CLOWN AND DO THE TRICK!" And watch you like a hawk.

And since CHildren tend to think Outside the box. The figure things out.

Look at my quote. for instance. Imagination is an amazing thing

Sep 2, 2007
I'm glad that adults aren't as observant as children. Magic would be harder to perform.

I agree with Jordan, adults are more observant, but there more suseptable to misdirection -- "Did I tell you about the time I went to Alcatraz ..." -- whereas a child will be like "Shut Up Funny Guy and JUST MAKE ME A BALLOON!!!."

Cheers,
JTM

Sep 1, 2007
Thinki like a child...hmmm...

"Wah! Wanna bikket! Wanna wanna bikkit NOW!"

BIKKIT!

Interesting exercise.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results