Digital Dissolve - After going live.

Today I decided it was time to play with the good ol' Digital Dissolve. I performed it for a couple people at the mall today and got some pretty intense reactions. The little heat you do have in the trick is completely covered. Nobody should be afraid of performing this if they can control a crowd. It also helps if you start off with some Ambitious Card Routine then move onto some coin tricks with the 2 coins that do not involve the gimmick. Then let them inspect them as you prepare to use your gimmick. Then you ask if they want to see something really incredible. After performing it in that situation, it's definitely a trick I would end with because it's so incredibly visual. When the UPS guy delivers Distortion tomorrow, this might change. I don't know which one would end better in a street routine with a crowd. I'm thinking I might pull Distortion out afterwards... but I have to see =P

Sep 10, 2007
California
Thanks for the info. Sounds like a good trick. I just got my distortion yesterday and it is a fantastic trick. This is the second time when my parents were truly awestruck. My dad used to do a little bit of magic and he can see anything. The other time that I got my mom amazed was when I showed her panic. I made my own gimmick with my friend for that and it looks fantastic. However I'm not sure if my method of panic is the same at all. My friend and I just figured out a way to do it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sep 10, 2007
California
I just found out that my panic gimmick is actually very different so I may end up getting the actual thing. I can't really do the full thing with what I have. Probably better quality anyways.

Sep 1, 2007
Jamestown, NC
www.google.com
I can't wait to recieve Digital Disolve. I'm usually a card guy (so far) and the only other things I have that have to do with coins are Silver Dream and J.B. Bobo's book. I am sorry to say that I don't read that book as much as I probably should.

Anyway,
I can't wait and it should come along with my 12-pack of Gaurdians.

Shane K.

AaronFisher

theory11 artist
Aug 31, 2007
www.aaronfishermagic.com
Aaron Fisher on Homspun Panic Gaffs

Hey Guys,

As you may guess, my very first Panic was handmade - I was afraid it wouldn't fool people. Of course, I'm always concerned about that when i have a new trick, so that's nothing new. As I found out, homemade gaffs will work - sort of. I got away with the trick, but I was always paranoid. I knew when I had the props assembled professionally, I'd feel a great deal better.

When the props arrived i was thrilled.

Ultimately, the gaffs are only a small part of what makes the effect work. The other issues I talk about on the DVD are the key to making the trick a real miracle. After you learn THOSE lessons - the props you use (in general) won't make much difference any more - because you'll be able to do magic.

Gratefully,
Aaron

The Dark Angel

forum moderator / t11
Sep 1, 2007
Denver, Colorado
Hey Guys,

As you may guess, my very first Panic was handmade - i was afraid it wouldn't fool people. Of course, I'm always concerned about that when i have a new trick, so that's nothing new. As i found out, homemade gaffs will work - sort of. i got away with the trick, but i was always paranoid. i knew when i had the props assembled professionally, i'd feel a great deal better.

When the props arrived i was thrilled.

Ultimately, the gaffs are only a small part of what makes the effect work. The other issues i talk about on the DVD are the key to making the trick a real miracle.
After you learn THOSE lessons - the props you use (in general) won't make much difference any more - because you'll be able to do magic.

Gratefully,
Aaron

Aaron, is this in the wrong thread?

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results