Digital Dissolve Europe market?

Aug 31, 2007
Canada
Um, isn't one of the coins already one?

I guess I may be lumping england in with euro coins, but given that most coin routines being sold from the states are using at least one foreign coin, I found it odd that other countries seem to think that both coins should be from their country, or continent, when they perform there.

I am from Canada ad I would love for a lot of coin effects to work with our loonie and twonie, but most coin effects using at least two different coins tend to utilize the fact that they are the same size in some advantage, so the simply won't work with our coins.

In fact, this is usually why they use at least one foreign coin, if not more.

Even in America, when using halves and silver dollars, they might as well be foreign coins as they are rarely, if ever, seen by laymen who aren't coin collectors. They are seen about as often, and are just as recognizable, as most foreign coins.

Given we are using such foreign looking objects anyways, they bring their own unique mystique, so why dismiss other foreign coins that would only add to that?

Of course, if your country has coins that are still in circulation and are common that would work perfectly together, and are large enough to warrant use in magic (not that small coins have no place, I'm not one to discriminate ;) ) then I see this as a perfect time to wish for appropriate gaffs of your local currency.

This is actually one of the frustrating things about Canada, our $2 dollar coin is so close to being perfect, it is just a bit too small to make for an effective 3-fly, though they work in impromptu situations. Similarly, the loonie is also a bit smaller than the twonie, and is also not perfectly round, but rather has a series of flat edges. This makes the two coins, although perfect logical choices for many effects, sadly very non-compatable for gaffs.

Sep 2, 2007
Um, isn't one of the coins already one?

The English penny is provided, which is a European coin. However, Euro, which is a different type of currency, coins are not.

In regards to Euro coins, I'm not sure that theory11 will sell them because the DVD contains the American half-dollar and the English penny. However, I believe custom orders can be made through Jamie Schoolcraft, www.coingaffs.com, though it would be expensive.

Cheers,
JTM

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results