Digital Dissolve

Sep 4, 2007
Just got this very well-made DVD and gimmick this morning and been playing with it and practicing it since. I even tried it out 30 minutes ago on my roommate and he completely flipped out. The effect is absolutely beautiful and the gimmick is immaculately made. If you could do real magic, it would look EXACTLY like the way digital dissolve is performed. You show an english penny and a half dollar both sides, you show your hands empty, have someone hold onto one of the coins and you visually make the coin you're holding change to the one they were holding. The change is like shown in the demo; you just rub the coin with your forfingers and the coin changes. You can immediately show your hands empty and they can even examine both coins right after. The effect is also very easy to perform, allowing you to focus on your presentation. I was able to perform this less than 5 minutes after opening the silver box that the coins come with. There is a clean-up, but its very easy and the misdirection is perfect. I give this a perfect 10/10 because this trick is easy, very visual, very clean, looks impossible, and the gimmick/DVD are extremely well-made. Also, the price is a steal.

Sep 3, 2007
Pennsylvania
Wow sounds great. I was thinking about whether or not I should get this. I don't have any coin tricks besides a handful of vanishes, switches and other sleight of hand tricks. This sounds great though so I think I will get it after DD. I've already ordered Panic, so that one's out of the way. Thanks for the review.:)

Sep 3, 2007
The coins may be examined before and after. You are pretty clean throughout. The ditching of the gimmick is very easy. The gimmick is shimmed so you can have a magnet in your back pocket or jacket pocket and just let the magnet pick up the gimmick. Easy easy easy ditch of the gimmick. Super clean.

danwhite

theory11 artist
Sep 1, 2007
I'm glad to see that you guys are enjoying this. You definitely will be using this A LOT as it really is one the simplest, cleanest, and most visual coin tricks out there. J.Bayme told me he thought it looked like "scotch and soda on crack" after he saw this effect. I really can't put it any better than that. Please keep its secret well guarded.

Aug 31, 2007
Canada
That's amazing that the gimmick is shimmed. Normally gimmicks like this, especially Schoolcraft ones, are far more that the price of this effect itself, and you get the gimmick and the DVD.

My only question is, is the gimmick an expanded one, or one for a shaved coin?

I hope that isn't saying too much. I know that this is not just a shell, so I hope that people do not think that based on my question. there is far more to it than that.

Last edited by a moderator:

-Ty

Sep 1, 2007
Australia
To the question of whether they can choose which coin - even without the effect, I know that a "magicians force" can easily fix something like this.

Back to basics!

Ty

Very nice, question(s) though.

Can the spectator choose what coin goes into their hand?

brian.

Hi Brian. Long time no speak.

The spec doesn't get to choose because both coins into the specs hand at the same time. The magi then removes one of the coins and continues with the routine.

I'm digging this effect. It's fast, hard hitting and easy to learn.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results