Dirty Secret Club

Sep 1, 2007
First off, I'd just like to state that this is NOT a product. It's an event review.

So what is the event? Basically, it is a night of magic and comedy on a barge on The Thames in London. The name of the event comes from the fact that during the evening, you get a slip of paper and write down a dirty secret and at the end of the night, they burn them to purge you of that burden.

The venue itself was very pleasent. Really great atmoshpere and the view from the barge out onto The Thames was incredible.

Pete Firman was compere for the night and was as entertaining as ever. The guy is genuinely funny and very very talented when it comes to combining magic and comedy. His linking rings routine had me in stitches.

The other acts of the night were just as great. We had Toby Caldwell with some fantastic comedy and impressions, Tiffany Stevenson who is a fantastic female stand-up and Lady Carol singing and playing the ukelele.

My favourite act of the night though were Barry and Stuart. Absolutely amazing magic and as funny as you can get.

Unfortunately, Jonathan Goodwin who was meant to be performing couldn't make it but Barry and Stuart did a very funny tribute act to the man himself.

To round the night off, I met Derren Brown outside the venue and just said a quick hello.

Overall, an amazing night and I definately recommend it to anyone. I know I will be booking a table for the next one as soon as I can.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results