Distortion - Something you should know...

Aug 31, 2007
When I ordered my copy of Distortion, I knew it had a gimmick packaged with it. But, what I didn't know, was that the card is a Blue back Bicycle deck. I was deeply disapointed, as I have a red deck, and in all of the pictures on the preview page, they are red decks. So before you order the trick, get a Blue Bicycle deck, so you can perform this wornderful masterpeice.

I think there should be a warning on the page saying you need a Blue back deck.
Post what you think.

Thanks for listening,
-|P54

Sep 1, 2007
Wisconsin
actually nothing on the preview page leads you to believe its a red back deck. Bicycle decks are cheap and it is ok to perform with a blue deck. Also If you look in the video you can see Wayne is using a blue deck. Just pause at 54 sec in. Blue deck or red deck it shouldn't matter its still an amazing effect.

Sep 1, 2007
Jamestown, NC
www.google.com
When I ordered my copy of Distortion, I knew it had a gimmick packaged with it. But, what I didn't know, was that the card is a Blue back Bicycle deck. I was deeply disapointed, as I have a red deck, and in all of the pictures on the preview page, they are red decks. So before you order the trick, get a Blue Bicycle deck, so you can perform this wornderful masterpeice.

I think there should be a warning on the page saying you need a Blue back deck.
Post what you think.

Thanks for listening,
-|P54

That is highly odd. The gimmick that came with my copy of Distortion was a red back.

Sorry to hear of your misfortune!

Shane K.

Aug 31, 2007
actually nothing on the preview page leads you to believe its a red back deck. Bicycle decks are cheap and it is ok to perform with a blue deck. Also If you look in the video you can see Wayne is using a blue deck. Just pause at 54 sec in. Blue deck or red deck it shouldn't matter its still an amazing effect.

Well, in my case, I do need a blue deck, because there is a move, which will show the back of the deck, and it will give away the gimmick for me.

Thanks for your input,
-|P54

Aug 31, 2007
Hartford, CT
I think it's random which color you get. I mean, they HAND MADE 300 of them as a test market thing and a whole bunch of different styles will be available in October and again, they will all be hand-made.

So my guess is that they banged off 300 of them and just sent those out.

-Ty

Sep 1, 2007
Australia
What's the big deal? Just BUY ANOTHER DECK!

You just got a great effect, of a preordered limited effect. This could be your signature effect. This could land you a dream job. This could be your piece of magic. To sculpt. To perfect.

Spending another few dollars should not be a big deal.

Ty

Aug 31, 2007
I don't think I was making a big thing about it...was I?

I'm going to buy one, but it is still annoying that Theory11 should say what you need....

Ok seems like this is cleared up, thanks guys!

-|P54

Sep 1, 2007
In general there is not a lot of information on their product pages. Of course you guys dread the comparison, but I prefer how E really goes in-depth and explains everything - whats coming with the effect, what color back, how impromptu it is, etc.

-Kaveh

Guys, I'm sure he understands that he need a new deck, no need to yell at him.

I believe he made this thread with good thought in mind and believed that all the gimmicks were for blue backed cards. This would be well stated and can be a warning for people who enjoy using only red backed cards.

So rather than suggest buying a deck and yelling at him, I'm going to say thank you for your attempt to help out your fellow magicians.

Not meant as a personal offense to anyone...just my spin on it.

Aug 31, 2007
Avancer...

Avancer, I love you! Just kidding, but you said it all right there. I just wanted to let everyone kow this. But since I posted this topic, I have learnt they shipped red and blue, and I was just making this topic, to let some pople know that you may need to buy a blue deck.

Also, does anyone know were I can get a blue deck?

-|P54

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results