Dive into creative thinking and...

Sep 26, 2007
Tokyo, Japan
... magic exploration.

I am here in Tokyo and have been meeting alongside Fritz with a Z, Wallace Aoki, and Jay Jay, three of the members from the Triksters (www.triksters.com), having sessions etc...

Fritz with a Z and I were working the other day on some new things at a Starbucks and we were able to re-work, create some new routines from basic ideas (sandwich plot, blank deck plot, etc...) and he mentioned something that I have always understand as a great practice fundamental, but never really devoted my days to.

So, I tried it a bit more seriously. I picked up a magic book, (in my case, Carneycopia), turned to a routine, read the effect and then closed the book. I then worked out new ways to achieve the same effect. Of course not all of them were good, but on a few rare occasions, were able to come up with some really interesting variations.

Now, this may seem easy, but it really helps you to understand the holes in your magic arsenal/ technique arsenal/ and overall understanding of methodology. It will help you to decide where you need to spend your research and practice time. For example, you may come across a situation where you need to find a good control to the bottom, or a way to reverse the second card, etc...

Give it a try, it will help you to see magic from a different angle.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results