Dive of Death - Fake?

Sep 1, 2007
This makes it difficult for me to break out of my usual cynicism. I didn't think this was going to make much of a difference to Blaine, but apparently some were right.

Let's make this clear. Blaine's stunts are supposed to be "death defying". Not suicidal. Hanging upside down uninterrupted for 60 hours would inevitably result in a fatal stroke. So is Blaine fake? No. He's just crazy, as opposed to stupid.

PTG

Jun 15, 2008
In a cave.
A famous daredevil whose name escapes me at the moment said that he quite the business because he couldn't believe what the audience expected from him. He wanted to do foolish "death defying things" not suicidally stupid things. I think you are one of those people that this daredevil loathed. You don't seem to care if he lives or dies, you just want something stupid.

-PTG

Dec 4, 2007
www.thrallmind.com
but think about what you just said... if hes taking these breaks and things so that he wont "die" then he isnt defying death is he?

Lets see you hang upside down for just 5 minutes.

Blaine pushes the limits of the human body. It's what he enjoys doing. Dang, was that not "extreme" enough for you guys? Should Blaine also have been doing molecule cuts while his feet were on fire?

-ThrallMind

Sep 1, 2007
but think about what you just said... if hes taking these breaks and things so that he wont "die" then he isnt defying death is he?

Do a handstand for an hour and get back to me when you have a clue.

I find it incredible that no one calling Blaine a fake seems to know what a stroke is and what it can do to you. I'm not a doctor. I'm not even CPR certified. But sweet chocolate Buddha, even I can recognize an obvious health hazard when I see one. What's your excuse?

Sep 16, 2007
Kent, WA state
It's not that it's fake, he never ONCE claimed he'd be there continuously for 60 hours, the press did. If he doesn't come down once in a while to get medical exams and to let the blood regulate itself a little, he'd be dead right now.

But how about the effects themselves, did some pretty badass stuff- and he did Fraud, which was cool.

Couple of my personal faves were the X's under the Quarter- That was badass, anyone know if it's available? I'd defnitely like to perform that. As well as the one he did for Orlando Bloom where he thought of a card he saw, and then ran his finger up the deck and flicked it over and his card was showing. That was awesome too.

All in all i think it was a good special with a good amount of magic in this one.

Sep 16, 2007
Kent, WA state
Yeah.. hah, in my haste like i normally do i clicked on Forum first and didn't see that new trick added on the main page, then looked at another DB post and saw someone mention Exile and Theory11, then actually went to the main page.

My bad, hehe.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results