DIY Svengali Pad

Nov 12, 2016
I know that Theory11 sells it's own Svengali Pad (SvenPad) but I was wondering if it is possible to make your own.

Other than the obvious shorting of certain pages, what else is required? I saw a few people discussing this on the cafe and they said something about the front and back covers being able to move independently.

How much should I short the pages? Do all of the short pages have to be shorted at exactly the same measurements or is there room for slight changes?

Can you recommend any pre-made ungimmicked notepads I can buy that work well with making Svengali Pads or should I start from scratch?

Your responses are much appreciated. Thanks.

Best regards,
Tom

p.s. If this is classed as exposure I apologize. If your reply goes into great details then it's probably best to PM your answer to me rather than post it here.

Nov 12, 2016
It is exposure. You just described how a gimmick works - how could that be anything other than exposure?
All quotes taken directly from the ad copy:
"There is no substitute for the original SvenPads™ which are cut to insane 1/45″ long & short tolerances!"
"All the short (bottom) edges of the SvenPad Supreme are precision trimmed, alternately long and short all the way through."
" Insanely & visually imperceptible 1/45″ long & short edges"
"Yes – there may be very slight variations in the short pages from pad to pad."
"The SvenPads™ are made at a high end printing company using the latest manufacturing techniques for cutting paper. The pads are aligned, professionally tape bound and finished on the best equipment. The result is that when looking at the pad with the naked eye the differences between the long/short pages is nearly imperceptible!"
"The Svengali idea was based on the use of long and short cards"
You get the idea.

WitchDocIsIn

Elite Member
Sep 13, 2008
Still exposure, even if the exposure also exists in the ad copy.

Regardless - there's not much tolerance for variation in things like this. If there's much variation, it just won't do what it needs to do.

CWhite

Elite Member
Jul 22, 2016
If it's IN the ad copy....how is that exposure?
I mean to say.. it is but, the author of this thread shouldn't be condemned for there post.

Reactions: Tom Wong

WitchDocIsIn

Elite Member
Sep 13, 2008
He said "If this is exposure" - I responded to that factually. Any judgment or condemnation taken from that is on your end, not mine. He exposed the method, even if the ad copy also exposes the method.

WitchDocIsIn

Elite Member
Sep 13, 2008
Did you have anything useful to add to the conversation or were you just interested in drawing false conclusion?

CWhite

Elite Member
Jul 22, 2016
You got caught...
I'm done with this. You can have the 'last word'.

lol

B

BrettBarry

Anyone can make their own Svengali pads - however it will perform more like a Ford Focus compared with a Mercedes S Class. The internet is filled with information. The world's best mystery performers have embraced the SvenPad as the best and most reliable. When you buy from Theory 11 you also get a ton of powerful teaching material including videos and PDF. I know Tom (the original poster) is now using the SvenPads and thanks for your support. All buyers are also invited to our private Facebook page with over 1300+ members - a literal "who's who" of magicians and mentalists all generously sharing a wealth of ideas and answering questions. Anyone is invited to join but you will be asked to prove your T11 purchase.

Reactions: CWhite
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results