Dizzi "Impromtorn"

Nov 10, 2007
So dizzi here on the forums for months on our video chats has been showing us an effect, that we all love, and really want to know how it is done. lol. It is a very unique torn and restored card. Believe me if you have not seen it you are in for a treat.
I am not trying to make this advertisement type thing but I do think he deserves recongnition for this effect. Check out mindlapse.net for news about the effect.

Jv

Jan 11, 2008
I have heard about this effect around the forums here, but is there any video performance of it?

Nov 10, 2007
It is a great effect and if you want to see a performance of it maybe you will get lucky and dizzi will show you on a video chat. Just wait for the effect, I my self do not know the method but I am sure it is just as good as the effect.

Sep 2, 2007
just thought that I'd chime in here. there is currently no video of this effects other than early tutorials for my own memory. You can however see me perform these in the video chats and in person. Most of the time I perform it in real life, but I do show it on video quite alot as well.

I have seen dizzi do this trick on cam chat at least 15 times it still kills me everytime. This isn't an understatement. It knocked my socks off, still can't find those socks by the way dizzi.

Can we get a description of the effect? Besides a card is torn and then restored ;)

Impromptu.

Card is signed, torn into four pieces.

Slowly with little cover, the four pieces rejoin, though the creases are still visible.

After all four pieces are rejoined the card is placed back on the deck, as slowly one finger is stroked along the creases, merging the card completely back together, with no visible damage. Completely examinable.

Love it.

Deechristopher

theory11 moderator
Hey guys,

I first saw Diz (David Fulde) do this effect on a Justin Miller hosted chat when they had just started - I thought it was pretty cool, a nice effect, very clean and then the kicker came - I couldn't believe how cool it looked to be honest, I thought that he must have had lots of duplicates and did lots of colour changes, but it is the same signed card.

This removal of the creases is not 100% impromptu, it requires you to make a very inexpensive, yet devious gimmick - Once this is in your deck, you are more than ready to perform.

You do have the option to do the effect without the creases if you ever get the urge to do it with a borrowed deck - This needs no prep whatsoever!

This will be released as a detailed PDF with many pictures so that it's quick and easy to learn and follow - We're putting the finishing touches and expect this to release over the next month or so.

Best,

D.

Nov 18, 2008
CA
Hey guys,

I first saw Diz (David Fulde) do this effect on a Justin Miller hosted chat when they had just started - I thought it was pretty cool, a nice effect, very clean and then the kicker came - I couldn't believe how cool it looked to be honest, I thought that he must have had lots of duplicates and did lots of colour changes, but it is the same signed card.

This removal of the creases is not 100% impromptu, it requires you to make a very inexpensive, yet devious gimmick - Once this is in your deck, you are more than ready to perform.

You do have the option to do the effect without the creases if you ever get the urge to do it with a borrowed deck - This needs no prep whatsoever!

This will be released as a detailed PDF with many pictures so that it's quick and easy to learn and follow - We're putting the finishing touches and expect this to release over the next month or so.

Best,

D.

Wow, awesome. Sounds really great. I'll definetly have to look into this.

Sep 2, 2007
I would like to say: thanks for all the kind comments guys. We are working hard to get this finished.

Jv

Jan 11, 2008
Dizzi just performed this trick to me on TokBox and I love the whole effect...the ending was a kicker and I wasn't expecting that.

Very, very awesome.

Also, thanks Dizzi for taking your time to show and perform the effect for me. Thanks.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results