D'Lite too sensitive...

Jul 26, 2008
NJ
I have two red D'Lites. One of them goes on when I put my thumb in, even if it's not in that much. The other is fine, when I press with my other finger it goes on. But is there something I can do about this one? If I have my thumb out of it enough for the light to be off, I'm afraid it will fall off.

Jack

Elite Member
Sep 5, 2007
Decatur, GA
I had a similar problem. You can fix it yourself but you run the risk of messing it up further. Here is what i did and it seemed to work.

First I tried slipping the tip of a pocket knife blade under the touch wire and bending it up away from the battery.

If that doesn't work try placing a small folded piece of tape near the back of the touch wire between the wire and the battery. Use a pair of tweezers unless you have unnaturally small fingers. Make sure not to cover the entire battery so that the wire can still make contact. Place the piece of tape as far to the back of the battery as possible. This piece of tape will just act as a shim to keep the wire off of the battery until sufficient pressure is applied.

That seemed to work for me. Keep in mind that you run the risk of messing it up further. Treat it like surgery or a game of operation.

Cheers!

inside push up on the bottom a little with your fingernail, and underneth that is a metel piece do the same for that...
dont do it to much, if it breaks return it to the D'Lite company, it should have came with a lifetime guarentee :D good luck, post here if itworked or not ;D I had to do the same with mine!

Jul 26, 2008
NJ
I took both of you guys' advice, but I did it with my fingernail. It worked, and it's fine now! Thanks!

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results