"Do a trick."

ZimFasa

Banned
Jul 28, 2008
I've been doing some magic at school, (I'm a sophmore in highschool) amd I often have someone come up and ask me to do something.
What do you guys usually do when someone does this?? I was wondering if I should learn some new quick visual effects for these people.

May 4, 2008
NYC
if im in class (where i'm not allowed to have cards out because somehow at school, cards=gambling -_- ) I usually perform a quick rubberband trick or two like crazy man's cuffs and several other tricks of which I don't know the names. But anyways, i like to do them because theyre quick, visual, and not forbidden in class. Plus, all you need to do is carry a couple rubberbands with you, nothing heavy or bulky :)
Or do something with coins maybe? I don't because I'm not a coin magician and more of a card trick kinda guy.
But there was this one math teacher who wanted to see my tricks and even brought a camera to class to film it, haha (it was near the end of the year so we didnt really have anymore lessons). So it depends on the teacher.

Jun 10, 2008
You little stalker!
I usually do the following:

-Sloppy Shuffle Triumph
-Biddle Trick
-Riffle Force + Snap Change (1 person) or Shapeshifter (multiple people)
-Take one card out of the deck and hold it in your right hand and put the rets of the cards away and say "Pick a card." Have them hand the card back and immediately turn it over and say "Is this your card?" (Trust me, this trick will get AMAZING reactions. People freak out!)

May 24, 2008
I always carry my digital dissolve set in my jeans coin pocket. With that alone, I can do a quick 30 second trick in the halls, or a 5 minute routine. Also, if i dont fell like it, i say no or "can i borrow a quarter?" stick it in my pocket say "its gone amazing" and walk away. That usually gets a laugh and they ask me later when i actually feel like performing and then I wow them

Jv

Jan 11, 2008
I usually perform "Bad Influence","Role Play" or "Catch" from Daniel Madison's Dangerous DVD.

Jun 24, 2008
United States
if someone asks me to do magic like that, i decline. If i always do magic on request, then a lot of things can happen. 1) ill run out of tricks 2) i want magic to be something special, somehting to look forward to, if i do it on demand all the time, they take it for granted 3) on the occasion i do magic, usually at lunch, i do probably a 10 minute routine of ACR, and Sandwhich effects, and a few color changes =) hope i helped!

P.S i know from experience, im a sophmore as well, i know ppl who have run out of material, and their magic was taken for granted..not fun haha

~Nate

Aug 7, 2008
same goes for me, just say no. or i say i dont got any :\ (dont do that, it really dissapoints them)

anyways, usually...i do :

- Refined
- Hand to Mouth
- a simple colour change, or control& production

ZimFasa

Banned
Jul 28, 2008
Thanks a lot guys =]
Yeah, I think I need to start performing less on command. I am starting to run out of material a little =/
Thanks again for the advice.

Nov 20, 2007
Sydney, Australia
That's probably the biggest thing you have to be wary of - only so much you can show people if you go to school or something before you run out. By all means keep learning though - I usually test out new stuff on people who ask me to do something.

Oct 8, 2008
California
I work at a school..I will do one trick every 2 weeks for the kids..They look forward to it and it does not have to be to hard or fancy..granted these are 2nd and 3rd graders hah

just my 2 cents

keith

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results