Do cardistry need to break in a new deck of card????

Jan 3, 2017
Hello guys! I'm have been doing cardistry for... an year I guess? But I'm considering myself as a newbie and just as the title is my question.
So I have come across the phrase "break in a new deck of card" since last week meaning: you do riffle suffle, spring, lepaul spread, and so all to make the cards soften.
And so... I read that magician usually need to do it because it help sleigh of hand more or less but.. do a cardist do them? To be honest I'm pretty bad with those move and tend to destroy the cards more than break them into a nicer form so... Is break the new card help the cardist?? If it is then I think it's time for me to learn spring and lepaul spread properly.
Thank you!

Fox13

Elite Member
Aug 19, 2014
Don't sweat it. Just use your cards. They will break in over time.

Springs, spreads, shuffles and faros will break them in faster. This is why we recommend doing those moves to break in a new deck.

Once the deck is well broken in, cards are less slippery, fans are regular and hold well together, faros are easier, springs and spread will require less hand strength and will sound more evenly, and packets/doubles will hold better together.

So, breaking in the cards helps the cardists a lot. In fact, most cardists will use their cards longer than magicians, because even an extremely worn out deck (aka poop deck) still behaves well for packet cutting, practicing and attempting new moves.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results