Do Magic Tricks Work in Picking Up Girls?

Jan 5, 2009
Small town Ohio
for the most part, i agree with the girl in the video.. if you wanna pick up a girl, just talk to her. a cute magic trick might help you seem more intriguing but that should be done after you've talked to her for awhile. :]

Sep 1, 2007
Cornwall
sigh there have been countless threads about this already, in which i explain in length magic CAN and WILL "HELP" you pickup girls.
but it wont do it by itself.

Sep 1, 2007
Cornwall
lol
just watched video...

firstly, good idea taking advantage of the infinite number of men who are useless in situations when dealing with women.

if men are this stupid to think in 2 hours they can flip their luck around, then you deserve to lose 150$

I agree, but the people there are very close minded to the idea of magic. top hats and rabits are so cliche. we dont do that.
now magic is good for like a mood break. i wouldnt open up a conversation with a magic trick, but its alright to add a trick somewhere in the conversation.
i think spidey or w/e has a dvd, art of attraction which deals with conversational magic and some social tips. but he never says the magic will get you girls. its the conversation before and during and after. link

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A-YIEE_40iQ

Sep 1, 2007
Cornwall
er i dont want to start another long debate because there are like 6 of these topics floating around.

can you attract women with magic? absolutely.

but just because you can mess with their mind, doesnt mean they want anything to do with you.

you need to add magic as another one of your social skills, if you have no other social skills, then your magic is pointless

Feb 27, 2008
Grand prairie TX
If you have to rely on ,or think you have to, magic tricks to speak to women then you shouldnt talk to them in the first place.
Women prefer confidence in someone they meet.
It doesnt matter how cool your tricks are,you as a person have to impress them. Not your card tricks.

Oct 29, 2009
Just around
If you have to rely on ,or think you have to, magic tricks to speak to women then you shouldnt talk to them in the first place.
Women prefer confidence in someone they meet.
It doesnt matter how cool your tricks are,you as a person have to impress them. Not your card tricks.

I truly believe I loose a little bit of me every time I read a topic like this on a magic forum. Seriously, visualartist has it all right. Listen to him.

Cheers

Oh come on VA. Confidence has to stem from somewhere, and it usually stems from being good at something. For some people, that's basketball or the fact that they can play the guitar. For others, it's the idea that they can bring a pack of cards to life.

Also, you're talking as though women are a foreign species etc etc etc.

EVERYONE prefers confidence in people they meet. A woman who can challenge you is more attractive than a passive little girl.

Magic can help you meet women. It gives you an instant ice-breaker. Granted, it won't carry you all the way, but if you're good, and you have an appealing personality, it can definitely set you up pretty well. Speaking from experience, of course.

Feb 27, 2008
Grand prairie TX
Oh come on VA. Confidence has to stem from somewhere, and it usually stems from being good at something. For some people, that's basketball or the fact that they can play the guitar. For others, it's the idea that they can bring a pack of cards to life.

Also, you're talking as though women are a foreign species etc etc etc.

EVERYONE prefers confidence in people they meet. A woman who can challenge you is more attractive than a passive little girl.

Magic can help you meet women. It gives you an instant ice-breaker. Granted, it won't carry you all the way, but if you're good, and you have an appealing personality, it can definitely set you up pretty well. Speaking from experience, of course.

no,not usually. There are other and bigger factors in confidence.
Like I said,if you dont know how to just start a regular conversation,say hi,or flirt well enough to break the ice to the point of doing a magic trick...its not something id advertise.

And actually sometimes I find the shy girls alot more unique and attractive.

Aug 10, 2008
In a rock concert
I usually do a cool magic card trick like "the politician" by Brian Tudor (wich is awesome) then after they think I am a god I kiss them and make out with them.

If they refuse they probably aren't worth it. Who could resist a cool magic tricks by Brian Tudor (wich is awesome) ?

Jul 1, 2009
Austin,TX
I usually do a cool magic card trick like "the politician" by Brian Tudor (wich is awesome) then after they think I am a god I kiss them and make out with them.

If they refuse they probably aren't worth it. Who could resist a cool magic tricks by Brian Tudor (wich is awesome) ?

You told me we don't have social life.... you lie to me.

no,not usually. There are other and bigger factors in confidence.
Like I said,if you dont know how to just start a regular conversation,say hi,or flirt well enough to break the ice to the point of doing a magic trick...its not something id advertise.

And actually sometimes I find the shy girls alot more unique and attractive.

I don't think you got what I was saying. Confidence stems from having something to be confident about. I can take the confidence I have when I'm performing and expand it to be part of my every day life. My confidence stems from knowing I have something to be confident in, even if it never actually becomes part of the conversation.

And hoorah unique shy girls. I love being around people that don't think that they're worth talking to, it's so fun!

There's a difference between being confident in yourself as a person and being outgoing.

Aug 2, 2008
the LBC
i totally disagree with them
magic can be a wonderful ice breaker
i have used many times to get people to start taking to each other
wat a bunch of closed minded people

Oct 29, 2009
Just around
i totally disagree with them
magic can be a wonderful ice breaker
i have used many times to get people to start taking to each other
wat a bunch of closed minded people

Nobody said it wasn't a good ice breaker (which it is). This thread is about getting girls with magic.

Cheers

Jan 1, 2009
Back in Time
magic is a lame ice breaker and is about as corny as you saying "Are you from Space? Because YOUR ASS IS OUT OF THIS WORLD!!"

But hey, if you like being the loner guy who doesn't get laid and continues to lust after guys like Lee Asher. Then go for it. Have at it Haas.

Jun 22, 2009
I think magic is a great social tool. You need to be yourself before running up to chicks with every trick you know to get them to notice you.

One time I was at a party and I was handling some cards while socializing and was asked not by the girls to do tricks, but from the guys at the party to see if I had any talent. Well I did some tricks and drew a crowd and after performing I baffled one chick so hard that she followed me around the entire night going off about the tricks.... I didnt have to do much after that..... I had her attention.

So the moral of the story is be yourself... the girls will come. You try to hard and you just scare them off.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results