Apr 26, 2013
Columbus, OH
I am of course referring to the plethora of "Things Mr.X is no longer allowed to do in Y" lists found online, starting with the military version from 2001. Something I've wondered is, do us magicians have similar things? They could maybe refer to recent scandals, specific product abuse, inappropriate circumstances, etc., and bonus points if aforementioned actions were true.

I hereby put some examples of "things I should remember in the future":
  • Ellusionist's Pure Smoke is not a stealth hookah
  • I will not use their Pyro to launch fireballs into people's faces
  • Jay Sankey's Assassin's Pouch is only named that; I will not use it to store throwing stars, rifle clips, stun guns, hand grenades, poison ampoules, garottes, knives, brass knuckles, or any related tools.
  • Coin in bottle effects only look like that; they will not magically bury a mentos in a sealed Coke bottle or can.
  • shell coins, bit coins, double coins, sun and moon coins, three flies, or any gimmicked coins are not considered legal tender.
  • Even if I manage to get the vending machine to accept them.
  • This also applies to any and all Chinese coin props.
  • I will not perform needle in arm in a doctor's office, especially when children are getting their flu shots.
  • Taboo and bannable subjects include: Legos, pogs, Lego pogs, stepping on Legos, ninjas, ninja Garcias, nunchucks, Justin Bieber, and any mention of Chipotle.
These are no doubt only a few examples. If you have some you might find funny or have found elsewhere, by all means list some; it's especially good if they are (1) true stories, and (2) you offer a brief explanation or link as to what led to this aforementioned rule.

Soo....

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results