Do they know what to look for?

Mar 2, 2008
We constantly see videos on youtube of magic being performed poorly and exposed, but does everyone see this?

I do some magic for my classmates and after showing them some tricks, the next day i have people come back to me saying "I could not find anything on the internet or youtube" or ask me "Where do i learn this stuff because it's not on the interent."

We know that there are tricks exposed on youtube but not everyone knows what to look for.

PS- I don't ever tell people where i learn my tricks.

Jun 10, 2008
You little stalker!
I never tell them the name of my tricks, or at least, not the real name. For example, I do a presentation of the Homing Card that involves a story of a guy who's afraid of the Ace of Spades. Therfore, i introduce the trick as The Ace of Spades Trick.

Anyways, if they can't find were to learn it, that good. You're secrets are safe. When they tell you they couldn't find it, you can say something like "Ya, cuz only i know the secret." or "I learned it from a wizard in the south western region of Guatemala. If you wanna know the secret, go track him down." or what ever fits your personality.

Feb 27, 2008
Grand prairie TX
Why would anyone give an effect that they are showing a name? At least The kids here who do "street magic" should not even consider such a thing. at least for that genre, everything has to seem spontaneous.

Jun 10, 2008
You little stalker!
This is also what i love about youtube: I once did a retention vanish to my friend. Him being egotistic and all, decided to search a tutorial on youtube. I did not tell him it was called a retention vanish. He searched "Cool coin vanish" and "How to vanish a coin" but none of the videos taught the vanish i did.

Feb 27, 2008
Grand prairie TX
I dont see how alot of people have problems with youtube.
I perform for tons of different people,young and old and havent had a mention of "hey i saw that on youtube" or "whats that trick called so I can look it up on youtube".
And i know quite a few other performers who dont have this problem.
So what is so radically different?

May 31, 2008
I perform for tons of different people,young and old and havent had a mention of "hey i saw that on youtube" or "whats that trick called so I can look it up on youtube".

I've never got anything like that either.

Jan 1, 2009
Back in Time
I think they can't find it because you're not making them look at your crotch and sounding like a little kid when you perform.

If you do.. Then yeah.. You kind of deserve to have people ruin your effects.

Mar 2, 2008

That is kind of what i'm saying. They have no clue what to search up even if they do.

I think we should not get worked up over youtube exposers because in reality we view them more then non magicains.

Nov 20, 2007
Sydney, Australia
You're absolutely right, of course, although I would add that I do occasionally mention that I learn from books, etc. - from the "vast magical lexicon" is what I normally say. It's interesting to see the reaction to this, because I find it gets people thinking differently about magic - once you start talking to them about magic as a whole. You learn a lot from laymen..

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results