Do you carry cards everywhere?

Apr 10, 2010
Yup. Even when I plan on not performinig for that day I just have them on me. Like you said its a habit. I just fiddle and work on sleights if i don't perform.

Aug 17, 2010
Rome, Italy
Everywhere, every day even at work, and everytime I got them at hand, even if I only practicing..although I think it's not q good habit as they Deteriorate pretty fast

May 2, 2010
New York, New York
No not all the time. I love card magic and very obsessed with it. I use to during the first month of me getting into card magic.

I bring cards with me if I know there is a high chance of me performing somthing or going to session but thats it.

There is a life outside of magic that I want to enjoy as much as the magic I practice. Im not knocking anyone who does have cards with them 24/7 if that you its you.

Kind regards,

Mike

Sep 9, 2010
Everywhere, every day even at work, and everytime I got them at hand, even if I only practicing..although I think it's not q good habit as they Deteriorate pretty fast

got that right! I normally can stretch em out to 2 or 3 weeks of use, but they aren't good enough for performing by the third week, but i don't have much money so i have to use em as long as i can, haha.:)

Sep 30, 2009
Elkhart, IN
I take cards with me everywhere. It drives my wife up the wall. I also try to have at least two rubber bands on me at all times. Off the wall magic (as I call it) is fun to do on any given moment too.

"Off the wall magic"...most of the time when someone say's magic, they think of card tricks. I like to throw in some different stuff when I can.

I do carry cards at all times. Agreed that the world is more than just magic and its important to experience all that u can but I always carry cards but with the mentality that I am always going to perform, of course that's not the case but I think its important to always be prepared especially once u start to get more noticed and are being asked to perform since you are now known as the magician at work/school etc . . . I keep a deck in my desk drawer another in my car glove compartment and obviously the one in my pocket.

Sep 27, 2007
Cenozoic, Oligocene
No.

Sometimes I carry a thumbtip, but that's about it.

There was a time when I carried cards with me all the time. But after a while I sort of stopped using cards.
Instead I opted for "small miracles" like making 1023 grains of salt disappear in a napkin.

The only times I bring cards are when people ask me show them a card trick later. Even then I only use Twilight Angel.

Most of the time I'm at university anyways so when I'm at home, I'll practice. During classes, I learn, after classes, study parties D:

Mar 6, 2008
A Land Down Under
More often than not I will have a deck on me and that us usually because I asked to perform at parties and I know I can do a 30 -45 minute standup act with them.

Now days even though they are on me I usually will perform something that does not require them to be used, but I know if need be I always have that safety messure.

Apr 25, 2009
Yorktown, VA
When I grab my wallet, keys, and cell phone, right next to them are my simple close-up props that I quickly throw into my front right pants pocket. It usually includes a deck or cards with a steel clip (helps protect the cards so they last longer), a silver morgan or two, and a sharpie. I can do all sorts of things with those, so it keeps everything pretty simple.

CaseyRudd

Director of Operations
Team member
Jun 5, 2009
Charleston, SC
www.instagram.com
While going to school, hardly ever. I don't want to interrupt class or stir up anything while in school. Yea, I may do something occasionally. I used to have a deck of Tallys in the front pocket of my backpack everyday because some kids on the bus wanted to see some magic. This kid brought his own CVS cards and I did everything from a borrowed deck and it was wild! But now, I just sleep on the bus because I'm tired by the end of school and what-not. To other places? Either I forget or I just don't want to, simply because there isn't a time when a stranger comes up to me and says "Hey dude can I see a card trick?"

But anyways, I don't really bring a deck of cards with me unless I'm playing some poker during lunch (no cheating...;) ) or have the intention of performing magic every opportunity I can get.

-Casey

Jun 10, 2010
You know, it's funny you ask this question, because at one point or another, every last one of my teachers have asked me this question.

^Hope that answers your question.

Sep 24, 2007
Never.
There's plenty of strong material you can do without cards, and it's sort of an unusual thing to carry around in your pocket, so I think it's better just to do without it. I usually have a couple of quarters though.

Sep 1, 2007
Belgrade, Serbia
Yep, almost always. They just hang out in my murse (male purse :D ). I have a deck of cards, with odd backed card for Chicago Opener, Twilight Angel card with mirror in my murse, WOW 2.0 gimmick, Two rubber bands, Fairytale Frogs cards, Woman's Intuition cards setup, Ultimate Oil and Water cards, and some change in my pocket for Matrix. :D

Yes, it is useful to have a murse :D

Toby,

Only for magic purposes I hope!! :p

Anyway, I always keep my deck of cards with me and I always make sure it has at least one dupe. I carry around 4 toonies and my coin shell for my coins across. Sometimes a raven for my retention vanish. Then some invisible thread for my levitating ring trick!

Jan 1, 2009
Back in Time
nae, unless I plan to actually use them that day. Otherwise the only thing I have on me is my Heirloom wallet loaded, but I also use that for my normal everyday wallet as well.

RickEverhart

forum moderator / t11
Elite Member
Sep 14, 2008
Louisville, OH
Most of the time I will throw a deck in my pocket but as it was mentioned earlier by a married man...it drives my wife insane. It actually kind of embarrasses her because she knows someone, somewhere will ask me to perform and then it is all down hill from there...ha ha.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results