Do you enjoy practicing sleight-of-hand?

Sep 27, 2007
Cenozoic, Oligocene
Do you?

I'd say yes for me.

There's a certain satisfaction about practicing sleight of hand, and then looking back on all the practice you did.
Also you can practice sleight of hand anywhere, they can even be used as single tricks, which isn't a good idea, but none the less still possible.
What about you guys?

Sorry if this topic has already been posted, not sure if it has.

The Dark Angel

forum moderator / t11
Sep 1, 2007
Denver, Colorado
I think we have Danny G on here.
At first I thought it was just a joke, but then I thought I heard it was the real him.
So you never know. Cyril isn't that unusual of a name.

Yes I like practicing. Not flourishing though. I happen to be able to know a few, but while practicing those I was so frustrated I ended up ripping like 10 cards.

Besides flourishing, yes I like to practice. I do it while watching TV, in the car, waiting rooms. What I like more than practicing and performing is creating my own magic. It gives me more satisfaction than anything. Even if I find out later it's been created I still feel good that I thought of it myself.

-Ty

Sep 1, 2007
Australia
Can't you just treat them like anyone else here? Don't treat them like they're god or something just because they are widely known...

No, but if I met Cyril, I would probably be a little bit star-struck for the first few minutes. Wouldn't you?

Maybe consider backing off a little bit? You're just sounding a lil itty bitty bit abrasive. Just a suggestion man.

OT - I try and take as much satisifaction from practicing as I can, because too much is never enough. And if you don't enjoy each aspect of your craft, there will always be holes in your magic.

Cheers

Ty

Aug 31, 2007
I think the joy in practising sleight-of-hand, is that your body (or in this case, you hands) is actually doing something rather than just thinking of a presentation or something.

But that doesn't mean sleight-of-hand in magic is all that matters. Make sure you practise every field.

- harapan. magic!

Sep 2, 2007
I really like to practice my SOH. And my flourishes, and magic. I usually let my mind create effects, not myslef (I.E.: a sudden 'click' in my mind about how an effect will work) Then I work on that pretty much non-stop until I get it down. For example, Contagious startes out as four holes already punched on a card and I hid them with my thumb. Now, the spec takes out a card, it's signed, I punch a hole in it, then multiply it one-by-one until there are FOUR HOLES over the whole card! Then I heal all but one of them. which was NOT the one I hole-punched earlier.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results