Does Carnahan fan require a new deck?

Discussion in 'Cardistry & Flourishing Forum' started by lecardcollector, Mar 20, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Just trying to make sure that it's me and not the deck that's the problem. I have a 3 month old blue crown at the moment and I can't seem to spread the cards as easily as I would with a smear fan when performing a carnahan fan.

I've just started learning it today.

2. The cards do certainly play a part.

If they are brand new they tend to go everywhere!

If you work them in a little so they grip to each other a little they work out really nicely without flying all over the room.

I'm sure with enough practice it can be done effectively with a brand new deck but in all honesty, I got sick of picking the cards up...

B.

lecardcollector likes this.
  3. Haha! I can definitely relate with the cards flying away. I tried with a few different decks and yes, the finish and embossing of the decks plays a big role, especially for beginners of this move.

4. Fans can be a bit finnicky.

Personally, I don’t do too well with them straight out of the box. But a deck I’ve worked over for quite some time won’t Fan for anything.

There’s a sort of ‘sweet spot’ and it starts after you break the deck in a bit

Gabriel Z. and lecardcollector like this.
  5. Thanks! Your Triplicate fan is very interesting.

Brett Hurley likes this.
  6. Thank you! It was fun to mke and it makes a nice ‘bar bet’

‘What’s the most card fans you can make with one hand?’

lecardcollector and Gabriel Z. like this.
  7. About 15 to 20 where it still looks nice