Doing Magic

Jan 23, 2008
Hey So I was going to start up a magic business and I don't really want to do kid shows but then I don't want to do stage So I was thinking of like a close up walk around venue. BUt do people actually higher for that kind of thing or should I just try to get a restaurant magician job and if a restaurant do you have any suggestions thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
Oct 25, 2007
There's this walk around magician at a restaurant where I live and the other day i started talking to him about magic while he took a break. I don't remember the whole conversation, but I remember him saying that the restaurant had hired him as an employee, thus receiving a pay check every week and he also took tips from the customers.

So I guess some restaurants do hire magicians.

Don't know if this helps you but just some info since you asked.

Jan 23, 2008
There's this walk around magician at a restaurant where I live and the other day i started talking to him about magic while he took a break. I don't remember the whole conversation, but I remember him saying that the restaurant had hired him as an employee, thus receiving a pay check every week and he also took tips from the customers.

So I guess some restaurants do hire magicians.

Don't know if this helps you but just some info since you asked.

Yes this was what I was talking about! thanks a restaurant magician not like a waiter

Jan 11, 2008
france
get the real secrets of magic by david stone. He gives you many valuable tips about restaurant magic, and he includes tips on how to get hired. Plus he teaches you alot of cool tricks

Deechristopher

theory11 moderator
There are ton's of magicians that do restaurants or walk around stuff in bars, etc. I pretty much only get hired to do those kinds of events, like parties, events, openings, stuff like that.

If you're good, and you really push and market yourself, you'll get work in that arena. It's much easier than getting booked to do a years worth of stage shows!:p

D.

Sep 3, 2007
Europe
Check out the "Restaurant Walkaround" Forum and the "Essays" Forum of Penguin. They will help you immensely. Also, get books such as Kirk Charles' Guide to Restaurant Magic (not sure if that's the exact name or not) or DVDs such as "Live at the Jailhouse". To be honest, it doesn't seem like you're ready. But if you think you are, go for it!

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results