(Don't) Stop (Believin')

Mar 6, 2008
A Land Down Under
Overall I like the effect and your handling is quite nice there are two things I would change if i was to perform your handling.

Firstly I don't like that business where you move the red and blue cards behind each other. It gives the audience a moment when the deception could have happened. I know your method doesn't depends on the cards touching so why do it.

The second part I don't like is how the selection process and sleight work together. You stress how fair the dealing is and the spectator can change their mind yet once the card has been selected your cover the card. I understand that the method requires you to cover the deck, so going back to Erdanase you need to change the moment.

By putting more focus on the face down red card and treating it with importance we can greatly strengthen the natural misdirection within the construction of the effect. simply by asking the spectator to turn over the red card after showing the cards are different.

ultimately the plot is a classic and your method is quite nice but personally I would not use it as there are better methods (for by needs) in print and I have,created.

RickEverhart

forum moderator / t11
Elite Member
Sep 14, 2008
Louisville, OH
Michael,
I really liked it, but I agree with the moving the blue and red cards around like that. It just looks silly and it is not needed. D ICE R is correct in that covering the card that is selected is necessary so somehow change the attention or patter even just for a few moments to get the heat off.

I am not 100 % sure that your method is original though. I would have to check with one of my friends Tom Craven who is a great card technician. I've seen him use something VERY similar if not the same as what you just showed.

Nonetheless...I do like the effect and I liked watching it.

Michael Kras

{dg} poet laureate / theory11
Sep 12, 2007
Canada
www.magicanada.myfastforum.org
Thank you both for your thoughts!

D Ice R, I intended for passing the two cards around each other to create an extra layer of deception. Obviously, without you being able to touch the cards, it's sort of pointless.

Rick, if you're willing to check that for me I'd love to know for sure. Credit where credit is due!

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results