Double Backers and Dana Hocking

So you guys knows that almost every deck of custom cards from ellusionist or Theory11 has a double backer. But is there really any use of it? Any good tricks to recommend with it?

And also what happened to Dana Hocking? It seems so long to have not heard from him.

:)cheers

Jan 11, 2011
Double backer is fantastic tool. Have it on top of the deck, select any card, put it face up on top, use double lift, and see how many tricks you can come up with from this point :)

you can also get double backers in the dragon decks from target.
but double backers are good for lots of fun tricks. just search the forums, there has been lots of topics written on double back use.
also i havnt heard from dana either. im sure he is busy working.

Nov 15, 2007
Raleigh, NC
Dana is with Wayne Houchin now, as well as doing his own work I'm sure, Andrei (correct me if I'm wrong) does the music for T11 now, as well as a lot of the video editing.

Double backers have quite a few uses, the 'trick that fooled Houdini' uses a DB and it's also a great utility card. For those who use it regularly, make it into a short card so it can be shuffled into the deck and then found easily without searching. :)

Or you could drive your magic buddies nuts by doing a double lift and asking how many cards you turned over. Sometimes trying to be funny and doing triples and such.

This just proves that magic does not save you from bulling, it just changes it and haunts you forever.(jk)

M.

Nov 15, 2007
Raleigh, NC
Or you could drive your magic buddies nuts by doing a double lift and asking how many cards you turned over. Sometimes trying to be funny and doing triples and such.

This just proves that magic does not save you from bulling, it just changes it and haunts you forever.(jk)

M.

My favorite is to do an obvious two card push-over and then only turn one card over after you square up. 'That look good?...no no, I'm working on making my singles look like my doubles.'

RealityOne

Elite Member
Nov 1, 2009
New Jersey
Check out Hugard's Encyclopedia of Card Tricks -- there is a whole section on double backed cards. Also, there are a couple of effects in Marc Wilson's Complete Course in Magic.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results