Double Cross issue

Dec 15, 2013
Hi all,

I've tried out Double Cross several times and the reactions are great, however today I tried it and the person felt me applying the X, which resulted in me having to draw the routine to a close straight away.

I feel like the answer isn't to apply it more softly or the X won't imprint properly.Have any of you had the same problem and do you have any tips to avoid them feeling it?

byronblaq

Elite Member
Jul 22, 2010
Melbourne, Australia
Hey Rayne,

I think the key here is confidence. I’ve never been called on it.

I did an effect many years ago by Rich ferguson that had a similar principle and got caught a few times until I realised I have to commit to it.

Confidence is key here.

Also, you may just need a new thing, for the thing if you’re finding you have to press to hard. It should be a fairly light grip.

B.

obrienmagic

Elite Member
Nov 4, 2014
Orange County, Ca
www.obrienmagic.com
Get your spectator multitasking. As them a question while applying the X or while holding their wrists ask them to take a step towards you. This would be a great motivation to why you are touching them as well.

The trick is to keep their mind preoccupied with something else. If performed well, the spectator will swear you never even touched them at all during the routine.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results