Double cross pen link not working?

Aug 23, 2017
On the box there's a link I have to go to so it will explain how it works. However the link is unavailable. Help please?

Jan 26, 2017
Virginia
If you had bought it, you would be able to find the instant video in the "my videos" section of your profile.

However, I'm gonna go out on a limb and say you didn't buy it. Just 3 hours ago, you posted a thread saying you were about to buy it, but wanted to know how it was done. When we said you would need to buy it, you asked for some hints. Now, correct me if I am wrong, but the U.S. Postal Service, does not deliver stuff to you within 3 hours, and you do live in the U.S. as can be found on other posts. That leaves us with one possibility: A Magic Shop. Now if you were to buy it from a magic shop and come back within about 2 hours, You clearly live close enough to this magic shop that you can easily go back. So why wouldn't you simply go back and tell them the link didn't work and ask for help from there? Furthermore, if you did have the product, you would simply contact customer support here on Theory 11, or even on Penguin Magic. However, you didn't. You didn't even state you have proof.

Now correct me if I'm wrong, but that sounds a bit fishy to me, doesn't it? I'm not a gambling man, but if I was, I'd bet you saw the performance, then saw the price, and thought you could get a freebie by asking around on the forums. Only it is clearly backfiring in your face as you read this, isn't it.

Listen man, I get it. We don't all have the money to buy these expensive products on the market. I sure as hell don't have the money to buy it, and I would be one of the first to argue that the market should cap the price on some effects. That doesn't mean we should be going around trying to get free effects from people. The creators put a ton of work into making the effect and perfecting it. Do you really want to take that away from him?

Picture this hypothetical scenario: You're a creator on a salary for a magic company. You make an ingenious trick that floors everyone. However, one dude posts a video on how it's done, or how you can make your own or whatever, and everybody steals the trick from you. Sales of the product go down. This happens with two of your effects. The company loses money, and your salary gets cut down. Eventually, you get cut from the team completely. Furthermore, you are so broken by the fact that this product, this metaphorical baby that you have metaphorically nurtured for over 2 years ends up being a flop. You don't want to create anymore, you don't want to even perform anymore. You feel so broken that you don't want to perform anymore, so you aren't making money. No money = No living. So just because a ton of people stole this effect from you, you are now broken, have lost your one and only passion, homeless, and money less.

Do you want to be the guy that helps do that to another human? Do you want to be the guy who helps potentially puts a guy out of his home and onto a street? Sure, this was a hypothetical scenario, but it was still plausible, right?

Save up some money and buy the effect in the future, or don't buy it if you don't need it. Just don't go trying steal people's hard work. Not all effects are necessary to own. Try an alternative. You don't necessarily have to perform all the best effects out there. A lot of them wont even work for you because they simply do not fit your style. If you can't dish out the 60 bucks for this specific, why not try something like FAX by Loki Kross? Similar effect, a signature jumps from one card to another, but you get a full routine, and it is half the price! http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/2916

Oh, and FYI, the trick uses a special gimmick that you CANNOT make by yourself, nor can you perform this without the gimmick. It would be useless knowing how it's done without the gimmick.

P.S. If you really did buy the effect and it's not working, I am terribly sorry about this lol.
But honestly, if this were a court case, you would've lost. Too much evidence against it. If you truly do have it, and the link isn't working, contact customer support and provide some proof. They can help you from there.

Reactions: Fahd.sajid

WitchDocIsIn

Elite Member
Sep 13, 2008
Giving you the benefit of the doubt, and because I deal with this sort of thing regularly - make sure you type the link correctly, and into your browser's address bar, not the search bar.

Reactions: Maaz Hasan
Apr 26, 2013
Christopher
I commend you on the restraint exercised within your well written post we all need to stand up for the brilliant minds, It must take extreme courage to make a trick or effect and release it for people to judge the effect with the hope that it will be bought by other people.

WitchDocIsIn

Elite Member
Sep 13, 2008
The first step in releasing a trick (or book, or any kind of creation, really) is to disconnect from it, emotionally. You have to almost look at it as someone else's stuff once it's out there, because people will trash it and badmouth it and the creator. Internet culture. What can you do?

You have two choices for releases in the magic world. You can make money off of it and deal with the jerks who lash out at you, or you can carefully select who buys it and make no money. I wrote a book on an obscure subject and sold it for a premium to about 20 people. It was very well received, but I doubt I'll release it to a much wider audience, because I'm not ready to hear the riffraff's comments when they don't study it properly and it fails for them.

Anyway. That's a tangent for another day.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results