double facers

Does anyone know if they have a double facer with same suit on both sides. I have a deck of double facers and a special gaff deck but none come with a card with the same suit on the other side. I am working on a version of hofzinsers ace problem and need that kind of gaff. Can somebody tell me if they have one and where they got it?

Oct 4, 2022
I realize you want to buy ready-made ones, but in case you can't find any, I recommend you try what for me, at least, is very easy DIY. Just split the cards you want and rejoin them. Blake Vogt's splitting videos 1&2 here are inexpensive, and very well done. He's a very patient teacher with good ideas on how to teach this stuff. Don't be afraid of trying what sounds difficult. It's not, after the first couple of cards and good instruction. A card splits into two parts, either the thin face part plus a thicker core and back part, or the thin back part plus a thicker core and face part. You just split one of the cards you want, keeping e.g. the thin face, and when you split its pair, keep the thicker part (core plus thin back). A bit of no-wrinkle rubber cement, a few cheap acrylic plates to press them with overnight, and boom! You have exactly the gaff cards you want. Practice on a dozen spare 808's (just the splitting) and you'll be ready to really split and rejoin the gaffs. You could be done in an afternoon, or overnight, and walk away with a valuable new skill you can apply to make other specialty cards like double-backers or blank-faced cards for decks that lack them. You'll be able to vertically or diagonally split cards, and the skills learned will take you a step toward making flap (acro) cards too.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results