Double Jointed = Better XCMers?

Sep 1, 2007
This may sound like a dumb question but does anyone know if people that are double jointed in their fingers can do better and more amazing XCM or is that just a dumb question on my part. :confused:

Sep 2, 2007
San Diego, CA
Well, double jointed + skill = awesome in XCM because double jointed people have more dexterity. Which means better possibilities for moves. Good question ;). The CTG closer was dicovered by a DJ thumb.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nov 28, 2007
D.C. Area
i only believe that with great effort comes great success. So if you practice, you can XCM better even without double jointed

It simply means that your joints (and the surronding muscles, tendons and ligaments) are unusually flexible, allowing you to bend or rotate them in ways that other people find impossible and painful.

Basically, you can bend your joints further than other people can.

Sep 2, 2007
by the way double jointed DOES NOT MEAN YOU HAVE TWO JOINTS!!! It's actually called hypermotility. and BBB already explained it.

ANYWAYS, bieng double jointed I find helps with magic. why? you can get more pressure on the cards if the top joint of your thumb bends back. etc. I love it.

Dec 4, 2007
I cant imagine it would hurt flourishing at all. It would create opportunities (depending on whats flexible or not) but it would be up to the flourisher to take advantage of those traits to practice and develope new flourishes tailerd to their asset. Not many people are double jointed so there wouldn't be many people coming up with this type of flourishes.

Sep 1, 2007
ugh

my problem is thi, two of my fingers do this the top joint is down and he rest it gets hard and i cant move it it sometimes messes me upb on xcm and magic the fingers stay ther and cant undo it unless i use my other hand:mad:

Sep 1, 2007
Los Angeles, California
It simply means that your joints (and the surronding muscles, tendons and ligaments) are unusually flexible, allowing you to bend or rotate them in ways that other people find impossible and painful.

Basically, you can bend your joints further than other people can.

Wait... I thought double jointed is when your left arm is equally strong has your right arm? As in you can both write with both hands and stuff like that...

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results