Double Lift Sequence

Feb 21, 2008
In Your Closet
That was amazing... I like the diving board double acrobatic flip. If you used that for an ambitious card routine, your spectators would stay up all night trying to figure it out.

Good work Matt; and congratulations on getting the Lee Asher seal of approval!

I do admit that your Doubles were definitely well executed - so good work! However, if I am blatantly honest with you, I didn't find the video of much interest at all - in fact, quite boring. Whilse you did perform the moves well; I would much rather see how you incorpret these sleights into effects and routines, as opposed to you just doing them without any motivation at all. It reminds me of the many "Pass" videos on the net; they're uploaded to show the skill, despite the fact that they should not look like 'moves'

Please don't take my comments wrongly, as you still did a splendid job. :)

Regards,
Jordan

Sep 1, 2007
I do admit that your Doubles were definitely well executed - so good work! However, if I am blatantly honest with you, I didn't find the video of much interest at all - in fact, quite boring. Whilse you did perform the moves well; I would much rather see how you incorpret these sleights into effects and routines, as opposed to you just doing them without any motivation at all. It reminds me of the many "Pass" videos on the net; they're uploaded to show the skill, despite the fact that they should not look like 'moves'

I think that there are 2 types of magic videos on youtube, 1 type is aimed at laymen, and is a well structured routine with no music just patter, such as your videos, and the other is a performance of a sleight which is made for magicians to view and give feedback on, I think this one is the latter.

Good work Matt; and congratulations on getting the Lee Asher seal of approval!

Please don't take my comments wrongly, as you still did a splendid job. :)

Regards,
Jordan

I'll be honest, I can't get this consistently every time. When I can, I will definitely post of video of it in use for a live audience.

Lee says it's all timing and watching the rotations in mid-air, but that seems extremely hard to me. I think I'll just stick to the non-acrobatic version.

I'll be honest Drew, I have absolutely no idea what you're talking about now. I will admit that I don't have the Diving Board Double PDF (I want it so much). I learned the Diving Board Double at an SYM meeting.

Sep 3, 2007
Europe
I'll be honest Drew, I have absolutely no idea what you're talking about now. I will admit that I don't have the Diving Board Double PDF (I want it so much). I learned the Diving Board Double at an SYM meeting.

haha, it's cool, man. But just for future reference, you may want to look into getting the PDF. There are a lot of good tips in there that could be useful to you. However, it looks to me like you may not need it. Can't hurt anything, though.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results