Double turnover/double lift

Nov 3, 2012
Hey guys!

One thing that has been bugging me is... wait, let me start from the beginning.

The difference between a double lift and a double turnover is the fact that you in a double lift take the card up to show it, while you in a double turnover, turn the card over. But in alot of videos, tutorials even here from the wire, people say ''then do a double lift and show the card'' while they do the double turnover. What is it that I don't understand?

-William

Jan 29, 2011
The District
Probably for the same reason a lot of people use "there's" instead of "there are" when talking about plural subjects in a sentence: they don't pay attention to proper diction. :-/

Feb 10, 2013
Maybe because it is similar in that you are lifting two cards together, it is just what you do with the cards next that is different. I just say double for sort, no need for the extra word as my magician friends knows what I mean. Now, would you consider a Stuart Gordon Double a double lift or turnover? You are kind of doing both because you are turning it over but also separating it from the deck. I believe it is what you do with the cards next that decide.

Jan 1, 2009
Back in Time
A double turnover brings heat and attention to the deck, while a double lift takes the heat away from it and puts a tiny bit on the card you are holding.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results