Title: Black Bird

Artist: Jeff Copeland

Producers: Murphy’s Magic

Link: Available At Your Favorite Murphy’s Magic Dealer

Demo Video Link:

Retail Price: $59.95 USD

Learning Difficulty: Easy

Length of DVD: 3 hours 7 Minutes

Jeff Copeland’s Black Bird is a must have hold out gimmick for anyone doing coin work. Period!

Jeff has created quite possibly the only must have utility device for coin magic workers period. Black Bird takes sleeving to a new level as it allows you to seamlessly introduce coins into your magic routines without the need to steal from pockets, or other load positions. Working with a wide range of coin sizes; Black Bird has been specifically created with removable inserts that will work with coins ranging from US Quarters, half dollars, and even silver dollar coins. Black Bird comes with the gimmicks and the arm bands necessary for wearing them. Given the Velcro attachment system it is completely possible to have a jacket easily modified for use of the gimmick without the need for the arm bands. Once in place Black Bird stays firm and isn’t prone to moving around or accidently dislodging at an inconvenient time. The only limitation it has is the number of coins it will let you hold out: you get one per sleeve.

The instructional video is a monster. Three hours of face pounding tutorial which will take a zero and turn them into a hero of coin magic with the aid of the Black Bird gimmick. Magicians who are already used to stealing their coins, sleeving coins, etc may adjust to the use of this gimmick faster. The video includes six routines to use the Black Bird with that range in skill level from beginner to expert. It will certainly give you enough material to chew on for a long time to come.

The Black Bird isn’t just practical, it’s a must have. If you do anything with coins Black Bird will take that to the next level. Black Bird is a locking gimmick. So long as you don’t unlock it you are free to move your hands around without fear of dropping a coin out of your sleeve. The locking and unlocking action on this gimmick is silent, and can be done right under the spectator’s noses without fear of them hearing the gimmick “talk”. If you’ve never done anything with coins before, then this is a great place to start. Black Bird resets very quickly, making this a great utility for street workers and table hoppers. At just under sixty dollars Black Bird isn’t going to be the least expensive purchase you’re going to be making this year, but it’s also not going to be the worst either. Around the cost of about two standard DVD’s Black Bird is a no brainer for anyone who is interested in coin work.

Over all I can’t imagine doing coin magic without a Black Bird now that I’ve handled it. Combined with Sean Goodman’s Secret Servante, or any similar device, and you’re going to melt faces, blow minds, and make reputations. Seriously consider getting a Black Bird if you do anything with coins. You’ll thank me for the recommendation later.

When I give my product scores below I am measuring them on a scale of 1 to 10. 1 Being absolute the worst score possible, and 10 being the absolute best, making a score of five average. The four points that I grade upon is Product Quality, Teaching Quality, Sound & Video Quality and Overall Quality.

Product Quality: 8

The price isn’t cheap, but it’s not over priced either. The only drawback is you can only hold out two coins, one per unit.

Teaching Quality: 9

Very thorough.

Video & Sound Quality: 8

For a three hour long streamed video, it’s not bad quality.

Overall Quality: 9

A must have for any coin worker.1

Have a product you want reviewed? Want to see if it will stand up to the Draven Seal of Approval? Contact me directly at thewilliamdraven@gmail.com to find out how your product could be on the next Draven Reviews! Don't forget to like my blog where all my reviews are posted at www.williamdraven.wordpress.com.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results