Draven Reviews: Cardio by Liam Montier

Title: Cardio

Artist: Liam Montier

Producers: Big Blind Media

Link: Available At Your Favorite Murphy’s Magic Dealer

Demo Video Link:

Retail Price: $22.00 USD

Learning Difficulty: Easy

Cardio promises seven road ready effects with cards without the need for gaffs, or gimmicks. The effects in the DVD have been around for ages, consisting of variations on Twisting the Aces, Hofzinser’s Aces, a hand slap reveal, and a pendulum effect to name a few. Liam gives his take on some of these classic effects, modernizing them a bit with his own unique touch, and then spices the DVD up with a few other routines that are sure to peek interest. Get ready for a card workout, because this is Cardio!

After watching the DVD thru I can say that the magical routines in here are solid. They had better be, they’ve all been around for quite a long time. Liam’s variations certainly make the routines magical, and adds a flair of something freshly different so they’ll certainly be workers. No doubt about that. However, none of these routines are really “new”. You can create half a dozen different versions of Ambitious Card, but at the end of the day the card still comes back to the top of the deck. There’s a good chance that any experienced magician who has studied card magic for a minute or three may already have their own preferred handlings to these classic routines. In fact that’s exactly what this DVD feels like. It feels like a collection of Liam’s favorite twists on classic plots. Thank god that his twists don’t suck the magic or the fun out of presenting them!

New magicians should certainly take note of this DVD. This is Liam’s love letter to you. The magic in here will pack a punch, and your audiences will be thrilled with the tricks from start to finish. None of the tricks are overly difficult to do, so with a little bit of practice, and perhaps a better script than the almost nonexistent one Liam’s using, and you’ll be up and running with the best of them. The only thing you will need, should be something we all have laying around en masse, and that’s a deck of playing cards. Standard deck of 52, of whatever brand you prefer.

One of the nicer things about this DVD is some of the tips and suggestions Liam gives you with it. You not only learn why these routines are some of his more closely guarded workers, but what makes them special. Why the magic moment is the magic moment, and how to string these together to make an impressive set that will blow away your friends.

As I’ve already stated, this is a worker’s DVD. The tricks you will learn here will be tricks that you will constantly use and call back to over and over. It’s possible you may even find a reputation maker in here, if you really own a particular effect enough. So, I absolutely recommend this DVD to any new comer to magic. If you like card magic, check out Cardio.

When I give my product scores below I am measuring them on a scale of 1 to 10. 1 Being absolute the worst score possible, and 10 being the absolute best, making a score of five average. The four points that I grade upon is Product Quality, Teaching Quality, Sound & Video Quality and Overall Quality.

Product Quality: 8

Decent price. Good magic.

Teaching Quality: 8

Easy to follow. Not difficult to learn. Entertaining to watch.

Video & Sound Quality: 8

Great sound and video.

Overall Quality: 8

All solid working man’s material. Highly recommended for the new card magician.

Do you have a product you want reviewed? Want to see if it will stand up to the Draven Seal of Approval? Contact me directly at thewilliamdraven@gmail.com to find out how your product could be on the next Draven Reviews! Don't forget to like my blog where all my reviews are posted at www.williamdraven.wordpress.com.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results