Title: Changeling Odo

Artist: Marc Lavelle

Producers: Titanas Magic

Link: Available At Your Favorite Murphy’s Magic Dealer

Demo Video Link:

Retail Price: $34.95 USD

Learning Difficulty: Moderate

Length of DVD: 1 H 15 Min (Approx.)

In the world of money magic, you’re not short on options for quick changing visual metamorphoses of a one bill into another. But the magic usually stops there. Very few have offered a solution to multiple changes, and let’s be real with each other for just a minute; if you really could magically change one bill into another would you honestly stop with just turning a single into a twenty or a hundred? Where’s the buildup in that? Mark Lavelle has entered his opinion in the matter and it’s an opus of fast changing money tricks. Get set for Changeling ODO.

Receiving Changeling ODO is a bit of a let down upon unboxing. It’s a non-assuming little folding card with the gimmick inside. No DVD either, all your video instructions are online. The gimmicks are predictable for this kind of effect, and upon first glance, and after having watched the trailer video, I suspected some assembly would be required. And Holy Jesus the construction on this gimmick is intense! My only advice is to watch the video thru at least once before you go cutting stuff up. This is not a quick build. It’s not a complicated build, but you will need to pay attention to details. Once completed though, you’ll have a gimmick that should last you for quite a long time. If you use a more durable kind of money, like the plastic sort found in Canadian or European bills then it will probably last you a lifetime.

Performing with the Changeling ODO gimmick is easy enough. It does what it needs to do, and it does it well enough that you don’t have to worry about the gimmick failing in performance and exposing itself. At the end of the trick you’re clean, and can hand the bill out or spend it as you see fit. Angles are nearly nonexistent, and practicality makes this a workers dream. Reset’s pretty quickly making this a fine option for walk around.

Overall I’d say that if you’ve got the patience to put into building the gimmick then you’ve got yourself a fine piece of magic. If you like visual close up money magic, then I recommend you check out Changeling ODO!

When I give my product scores below I am measuring them on a scale of 1 to 10. 1 Being absolute the worst score possible, and 10 being the absolute best, making a score of five average. The four points that I grade upon is Product Quality, Teaching Quality, Sound & Video Quality and Overall Quality.

Product Quality: 8

Price, magic, and practicality all consistent with a winner.

Teaching Quality: 8

Well taught.

Video & Sound Quality: 9

Great sound and video.

Overall Quality: 8

Very visual, A nice double change, and fits right into your wallet.

Do you have a product you want reviewed? Want to see if it will stand up to the Draven Seal of Approval? Contact me directly at thewilliamdraven@gmail.com to find out how your product could be on the next Draven Reviews! Don't forget to like my blog where all my reviews are posted at www.williamdraven.wordpress.com.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results