• Play All
  • Introduction
  • Live Performance
  • Studio Performance
  • Overview of the Gimmick
  • Basic Handling
  • Construction of the Gimmick
  • Thanks

Rizki Nanda has created a visual ink morphing effect he’s lovingly calling “Decode”. Decode in its most basic of presentations reveals a spectators selected playing card by taking a sequence of symbols written on the boarder of a playing card in Sharpie marker and instantly turns it into the selected card revelation with just a flick of the fingers. But Decode also has the potential to reveal other things too and is really only limited by your imagination.

You receive a well made gimmick, an instructional DVD, and some extra secret stuff that you can use to make other gimmicks should this one ever break or wear out on you. Construction isn’t too difficult, and there is some customizability options too should you want to take advantage of that.

The gimmick that you get will last you many performances with proper care which is nice. It’s about the thickness of a standard playing card so it sits well inside the deck without drawing too much attention to itself. Obviously you’re going to need to switch it out, ditch it, or switch decks if you plan to do any other card tricks after you’ve performed Decode, but that’s not a huge deal for most people. There are some sleights involved. You’ll need to know how to force a card, and while not necessary a Top Change makes clean up so much easier. You don’t have to worry about your audience suspecting anything because you can end clean if you switch out for a non gimmicked card. Angles are pretty solid which makes this a great piece to perform strolling or walking around. Reset time is pretty minimal too so you could do this table hopping if you wanted. The very visual change between the written coded message and the revelation message is very stunning and creates a wonderful magical moment. You could leave the spectator with the non gimmicked reveal card after you’ve switched out for it as a souvenir if you really wanted to.

Overall it’s a nice little visual effect. I really enjoyed playing with it, and I think you’ll probably like it too. Check it out if you get the chance.

When I give my product scores below I am measuring them on a scale of 1 to 10. 1 Being absolute the worst score possible, and 10 being the absolute best, making a score of five average. The four points that I grade upon is Product Quality, Teaching Quality, Sound & Video Quality and Overall Quality.

Product Quality: 7

Well made gimmick, and visual magical revelation.

Teaching Quality: 7

Great instructions.

Video & Sound Quality: 5

The video quality is a bit dodgy but the audio is there.

Overall Quality: 7

Overall a fun effect to play with.

Have a product you want reviewed? Want to see if it will stand up to the Draven Seal of Approval? Contact me directly at draven@williamdraven.com to find out how your product could be on the next Draven Reviews! Don't forget to like my blog where all my reviews are posted at www.williamdraven.wordpress.com.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results