Title: How To Do Coin Magic

Artist: Zee

Producers: SansMind

Link: Available At Your Favorite Murphy’s Magic Dealer

Demo Video Link:

Retail Price: $29.99 USD

Learning Difficulty: Easy to Difficult

Length of DVD: 60 Minutes (Approx.)

How To Do Coin Magic is the preverbal Hail Marry of magic products from SansMind who seems to consistently struggle against popular opinion of their products being less than what one bargains for. SansMind has entered its first product into the fundamentals of magic foray opting to focus on how to do magic with coins. Finally! A SansMind product that DOESN’T require an arts and crafts store to assemble the needed props required to do the illusions. All you need is some coins, and a lot of time to practice. How To Do Coin Magic is geared to the beginner in coin work and covers all the fundamentals prior to moving to full routines in the latter half of the DVD.

Skills taught in this DVD include Palming, Switches, Vanishes, and Productions. It incorporates some thoughts about what to do, and what not to do as well as performance tips all before culminating in five routines you can use to amaze your friends and family. Some of the material covered in this DVD include:

• Classic Palm
  • Finger Palm
  • Thumb Palm
  • Edge Grip
  • JW Grip
  • Mutobe Palm
  • Shuttle Pass
  • ROPS Move
  • Drop Vanish
  • Heel Clip Steal
  • Himber Vanish
  • False Transfer
  • Sai Production
  • Click Pass
  • And more!

The magic taught on this DVD requires practice, and a lot of it. The sleights range from easy to difficult to master, and with the right amount of time and dedication this DVD will certainly put you on the right path to mastering coin work. How To Do Coin Magic certainly isn’t original though in it’s material. There are a lot of products on the market that teach the same thing. Metal 1 & 2 from Eric Jones being the first pair of DVD’s that come to mind, and of course you have the coin workers bible: Bobo’s Modern Coin Magic. So what makes SansMind entry really stand out? Other than it being the new kid on the block preferences may very well equate to apple and oranges in comparison. Some may prefer the look and feel or teaching style of one over the other, but the material is the same, and the results will depend on the students time put into practicing the moves.

Overall, I think this is a good entry into the realm of coin magic. The product does exactly what it says: It teaches the new student about how to do coin work, and gives them some good beginners look at coin work. If the student desires, and shows aptitude for coin work then there’s a whole realm of exciting products they can branch out into, including gimmicks and more knuckle busting sleights. If you are interested in learning coin magic, this is as good as any place to start.

When I give my product scores below I am measuring them on a scale of 1 to 10. 1 Being absolute the worst score possible, and 10 being the absolute best, making a score of five average. The four points that I grade upon is Product Quality, Teaching Quality, Sound & Video Quality and Overall Quality.

Product Quality: 7

The price isn’t that bad, and for once no gimmick construction!

Teaching Quality: 7

With the DVD weighing in at sixty minutes, the tutorial aspects may feel a bit rushed by some. This is one of the shorter DVD’s on teaching coin work foundations.

Video & Sound Quality: 7

Sound and video are both of quality.

Overall Quality: 7

Not a bad DVD to learn the basics of Coin Magic from. If you’re new to coin magic you’ll certainly want to look at this.

Do you have a product you want reviewed? Want to see if it will stand up to the Draven Seal of Approval? Contact me directly at thewilliamdraven@gmail.com to find out how your product could be on the next Draven Reviews! Don't forget to like my blog where all my reviews are posted at www.williamdraven.wordpress.com.

Reactions: Mr_ARPY
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results