Title: Yarn

Artist: Manuel Llaser

Producers: Vernet

Link: Available At Your Favorite Murphy’s Magic Dealer

Demo Video Link:

Retail Price: $29.00 USD

Learning Difficulty: Easy

Length of DVD: 40 Minutes (Approx.)

I remember reading Mark Wilsons Complete Course In Magic when I was a young teen. It was my bible. I practiced just about every trick in that book that I could, and one of them that stands out to me is the old signed coin in a spool of yarn trick. Manuel Llaser has taken that concept to the next level. Except this time we’re using signed bills, and it’s not just inside a spool of yarn… it’s tied to the very end of the yarn inside!

What you get is a gimmick, some rubber bands, and a ball of red yarn. Though once you learn the secret you’ll probably want to supply your own yarn as you continue to perform this trick. There is a small business card inside the box too that has the link to an online video hosted by Murphy’s Magic website. The quality of the video is very good! It teaches the trick, and walks you through step by step the entire process from start to finish. It’s not very difficult to perform, but there’s a lot of moving parts so you’ll need a little time to get all the details ironed out.

The effect is sizable to work with any environment. If you want something intimate for closeup then you use a smaller and not as thick ball of yarn. If you want something for stage, more yarn, larger ball, and incorporate a wine glass to hold it in. The routine is very versatile. Vernet has been making quality magic props for years, and the quality of Yarn is no different. It stands up, and will last for a long time. It comes with a supply of rubber bands, but you’ll want to eventually replace those with your own. So you can add rubber bands to your shopping list next to the yarn if you plan to do this routine a lot.

One of my sources of extra income is street busking. One of the better ways to get tips is to use borrowed bills from your audience. Everyone where I live and work has seen the bill in lemon done to death so I was looking for something else that would still get the same plot across: Signed bill to impossible location, and Yarn does that perfectly! My audiences have loved it, and I love that it packs down pretty small, but I can play it for larger and larger audiences, as my crowd grows, just by changing my presentation and handling a bit. As a side note it is possible to switch out the bill for a confabulation or an any card called for routine too. The instructions for those are included as bonus features.

Overall I loved the Yarn, and I think it’s a strong piece of magic for anyone with an interest in adding something a little extra and unusual to their working routine. From Street to Stage Yarn is a must have!

When I give my product scores below I am measuring them on a scale of 1 to 10. 1 Being absolute the worst score possible, and 10 being the absolute best, making a score of five average. The four points that I grade upon is Product Quality, Teaching Quality, Sound & Video Quality and Overall Quality.

Product Quality: 8

Good price. Great gimmicks. Good magic.

Teaching Quality: 8

The tutorial is well taught. Easy to follow. Easy to learn.

Video & Sound Quality: 8

Great video and sound.

Overall Quality: 8

I loved the Yarn! I can’t recommend this enough.

Do you have a product you want reviewed? Want to see if it will stand up to the Draven Seal of Approval? Contact me directly at thewilliamdraven@gmail.com to find out how your product could be on the next Draven Reviews! Don't forget to like my blog where all my reviews are posted at www.williamdraven.wordpress.com.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results