Drawing tricks

Nov 11, 2009
Hey guys! I am an artist and I wanted to incorporate drawing into my magic. Does anyone know of any good effects out there that are centered around drawing?

Dec 29, 2011
Derren Brown has a crapload of stuff, normally its him guessing what the spectator has drawn, or the other way around, but he has also done a quite good of a thought of name in a painting. I think Morgan Strebler has something on the WIRE, I believe the spectator thinks of an image and it appears drawn on your hand, EOLO by Dalton Wayne is similar too I think.

Dec 18, 2007
Northampton, MA - USA
I'd start with a trip to Steve Axtell's site and look at his Drawing Board effects (especially this one). Kevin James' Bowl-a-Rama (you'll need to scroll down the page to find it) is another great piece but check with Stevens Magic, they once offered a similar effect involving fruit but it involved multiple loads. Just email Mark Stevens and ask him about it, he's great at helping folks out.

There are numerous Mentalism pieces that involve drawing, be it a duplication or means of revealing a thought. For a stage show I love Alain Nu's ZODIESQUE which can be found in the Syzygy collection. . . it's an awesome routine when it comes to a casual look at Astrology, allowing you to draw a picture of a total stranger's astrological sign without them telling you a single thing, writing anything thing down, no pre-show, impressions, etc. It's mind blowing! There is a similar bit involving the Tarot that likewise comes out of Syzygy by Pascal DeClairmont. I've forgotten the name of it but it allows you to draw a freely chosen Tarot Card while you offer a Reading on the unseen card & patron. Again, I've gotten some strong mileage from this piece and frequently feature it as part of my Q&A sequence.

If you like Roulette type routines you might want to look into Roni Shachney's GRAFFITI act; it's insanely funny in that it works with spray paint. You could tie this in with your own version of this. . .

Best of luck!

Oct 19, 2012
bangalore
I think the cardiograph is the best ilusion which involves drawing , but its pretty expensive. You can also use rizer by eric ross , card-artistry,cardtoon deck ..

D@n

Oct 11, 2011
David Stone's Tool has a lot of creative applications with drawings. You'll find more of them in his extra applications on youtube than on his DVD.

Apr 6, 2011
Lansing, MI
Perhaps this has already been done.. But I've been playing with an idea for a stage piece wherein you have a whiteboard, draw on some characters, and they begin to move and interact, doing quite literally whatever you want them to do. PM me if your interested, it is very simple and relatively cheap for this kind of stage piece.

Nov 11, 2009
Sorry I havent replied yet. I really like that Morgan Strebler effect! You guys have really helped alot! thanx!! Anymore ideas would be great!!

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results