Dream Deck by Nick Verna

Jan 1, 2010
Nick Verna Dream deck

Owners of factory sealed and Bullet know Nick Verna puts out high quality magic.

EFFECT: The magician attempts to read the spectators mind and thought of card. The magician hands the deck to a spectator to fan and think of a card. The magician is able to accurately guess the name of the card.

PROPS: A special deck of cards and 4 pages of written instructions

THOUGHTS: This deck uses normal cards, but the thinking that went into the deck is genius. It is basically self-working.
I saw a review from Peter duffie: I ordered a Dream Deck from www.therealmagicrealm.com and it arrived in the UK in a week. After I received it I was also sent a PDF with further ideas. So, excellent service and an equally excellent product.

The Dream Deck is a great idea. While it falls into the category of the Walsh/Koran deck or Kennedy Mind Power Deck (to name but two), due to a new arrangement the repeated force cards are better concealed. In fact, I spread through the cards when I first opened it and didn't see the set up. I am perfectly confident giving this deck to a spectator and asking them to spread through and think of a card. If I didn't see the set-up ... neither will they! This is the "think of a card" deck I will use from now on.
OVERALL: It is a very easy effect to do. There is some very easy math to do. Obvoiusly, like other effects, you need to obtain some information about the card (unless you really can read minds) ;however, the semantics will bring a smile to your face.

I will not be reselling this. It is a KEEPER!

Last edited by a moderator:
Mar 26, 2009
Arizona
is the only real difference between this and the Mind Power deck that the repeat force cards are less obvious? I love and use the MP deck. I just spread it out or fan it and have them look at one, but dont make it obvious, so that they wont look for long.

Jan 1, 2010
Yes, with MPD, you can fan,but DREAM DECK can be done hands off!
That is a definite advantage in my opinion, plus the deck can be used as a thought of card at number. Cards could be dealt face up ( try that with the PMD) for a card to be thought of.
MPD is a great deck. DD is far more flexible so I sold my MPD.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results