Dresscode for walkaround

Jun 1, 2009
Hey guys, just had a random thought here, but I thought up a fun little way to do Dresscode while table hopping. It's used less as an effect with attention on it, and instead happens in the offbeat. You go to a table, talk and yadda yadda, then you have someone pick a card, you say you don't want to see it so you turn around, and during that action of them showing it to everyone, you do the change. Turn back around, continue with the effect, and listen for someone to notice the shirt change.

Will this work 100 percent of the time? Probably not, unless you draw attention to your shirt in the beginning, or have some sort of defining thing on it and then change into something completely different. Will other people see the change? Probably, but they have no idea what you're doing so don't stress, your focus and concerns should be on the table at hand.

Some quick tips:
Use two highly contrasting shirts
Don't open with it, let your image with them sink in before the change.
Change into a more vibrant shirt than the one before to smack them in the face with the change.

Just a quick brainstorm I had, hope you guys like it!

Jacob

Jay Adra

Elite Member
Jul 11, 2011
Australia
www.jayadra.com
It would be nice, but my bet is that they wouldn't notice most of the time, especially if there attention is on the cards, your hands, other people etc.

It's like those videos where they tell you to watch closely at something and they change shirts/scenery/a gorilla walks past and you miss it. I'd say this would happen.

If you can find a subtle way of drawing more attention to it, that might help.

It's a nice idea though.

Last edited by a moderator:

Luis Vega

Elite Member
Mar 19, 2008
Leon, Guanajuato Mexico
luisvega.com.mx
I used to do Dresscode for table hoping...and after doing it around 200 times in a few weeks...I can safely say..

NO...they won´t notice unless you drag attention to the first shirt...the reason is that they are concentrated in your hands...

I used to finish my table routine by saying "Oh not again!! I stained this clean shirt...also I think is broken in the back (while turning) do you see anything?...the people said "no" and then the change was already made and I said..."its ok...I have a clean one right here..." and BAM!! they screamed!!

Jun 1, 2009
Yeah I see what you mean Decisive.
And Luis, that's an awesome idea!, I'll need to go back in my closet for worn out shirts haha

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results