Duo Magic

May 27, 2017
Hi.

A friend and I are working on a two person telepathy act, and have lots of ideas for other two-person tricks. I can't, however, seem to find any literature written on the subject of two-person magic.

I've been studying magic for 9 years now and know a lot of magic theory, it's my favourite subject to study, but know nothing of magic-duo dynamics, other than what I can observe from other duos ("duo's"?).

Can anyone recommend any literature? Or any tricks designed for two people?

Thanks in advance,

Valko

Feb 1, 2017
Don't fret on a late response. There is a community member here, RealityOne, who is a walking library of all things Magic. He possibly will have something for you whenever he gets on or has the time.

Reactions: RealityOne

RealityOne

Elite Member
Nov 1, 2009
New Jersey
Unfortunately, there isn't a lot out there written for two magicians. A lot of parlor and stage routines use a magician and an assistant (where the assistant does the dirty work) but those routines are dispersed among a variety of books. The main uses are for the assistant to bring into play or ditch a "fake" or to do a switch as an in-transit motion or an off-beat action. With two magicians, you can do similar things when transfering a prop from one to another. For two magicians, the most frequent effect I've seen is the telephone prediction type of effects (someone freely selects a card and then calls "The Wizzard" who names the card).

As you said, you can learn a lot by watching performances of duos.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results