Dynamo The Magician

Jan 10, 2009
new jersey
Hey young world, is anyone familiar with Dynamo? I first heard about him about 1 year ago on the Iticks front page. He is now in my personal top ten. He is young magician who mixes cardistry and magic perfectly and little bit of pop lockin. He has a ton of vids on youtube.com My fav vids are probaly his coin through table, terra firma part 1 and 2, tanline, watch switch, vitamins, adidas shoe magic(all of them) and he has a dynamo compilation video.(at the end he performs "saw" for Will Smith. Just thought he would be a good look. God bless and remember to always keep them wondering.

Apr 27, 2008
Norway
yeah, we've heard of him. Doesn't help that he's FAMOUS! - for his innovative style and beautifull motives.

I actually have one of his dvd's - I forget the name, but its the one he goes on a roadtrip through britain.

Gustav

Dec 23, 2007
Florida :[
His Cd is called Dynamos Concrete Playground. I am just amazed at this guy. I love his style, Hes my inspiration as a magician. closely followed by Daniel Madison of course

j.bayme

ceo / theory11
Team member
Jul 23, 2007
New York City
His Cd is called Dynamos Concrete Playground. I am just amazed at this guy. I love his style, Hes my inspiration as a magician. closely followed by Daniel Madison of course

Dynamo and d+M grew up very close and have been very close friends over the years. Very creative performer and has done some great work.

Sep 2, 2007
London
I've never really understood the appeal of Dynamo. On his TV special, there were a some sloppy moves and I never really felt much charisma or engagement with the audience. He got the same reactions any half-competent amateur magician would have done. I can see that there may be a niche for a "street" hip-hop style magician, but I would have thought this role could be played a bit better. As far as his creativity goes, as far as I can see all his effects are well-known standard fare.

Having said that, he's got a good muscle pass and I've been told he's impressive performing live, so maybe the camera doesnt do him justice.

Sep 1, 2007
Belgrade, Serbia
I really really really don't like his style. The guy is so irritating... but thats just me... And no, he did not blend flourishes and magic in the good way. And whats up with that "fan brush on his forehead"? It just looks like "Oh, I'm so cool because you can't do this", and whats up with his brake-dancing while flourishing?

The only way for him to be on T11 is to have his own effects, which (by looking on the videos) he doesn't.

Jun 10, 2008
Newcastle upon Tyne
Dynamo's a nice guy. I'm not huge on his style, but it's obviously working for him. And no, as far as I can tell, the majority of effects he performs aren't his own (with the [I believe] 'sole' exception of his colour changing shoelaces), but he structures a nice routine- Check out his combination of Looy Simonoff's earth shoes with Wayne's Sinful. Really nice.

CL

Dec 23, 2007
Florida :[
I really really really don't like his style. The guy is so irritating... but thats just me... And no, he did not blend flourishes and magic in the good way. And whats up with that "fan brush on his forehead"? It just looks like "Oh, I'm so cool because you can't do this", and whats up with his brake-dancing while flourishing?

The only way for him to be on T11 is to have his own effects, which (by looking on the videos) he doesn't.
Thats his style. He is known as a hip hop magician for a reason. And he doesn't really create a lot of his own stuff as far as i know, but he does create very interesting routines which is what got him so far.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results