Ejaz Reviews:: Solo by Michael James

Dec 16, 2011
Hey guys!
Long time no post huh? Today i am going to try something a little diffrent, a product review! And why not start with Solo by Michael James? Afterall it was just released.
So here is some information

Produced by theory11, the company we all know and love!
Running Time - Approximately 90 minutes
Format - DVD and Download
Price - $29.99 For just DVD or Download and for combo it is $34.95. Overall, this is a steal due to amazing cinematography and teaching, but we will talk about that later.

What you get - there are 3 divided sections, Signature Flourishes, Bonus Collection, and Special Features.

In The Signature Flourishes section, this is what you get:

Ekklesia - A beautiful and stylish move, this was the first move MJ ever created.

Twistor - I personally love this flourish, I practiced this practically the whole night!

Tidal Wave - A sick Flourish that every cardist should know

Mysterium - Also another favorite, looks really badass if you pull it off as smooth as MJ

Zero - A flashy flourish that I loved even before Solo was born

Reinvention - Really elegant and smooth flourish

Arriflex - Probably the best flourish on the DVD.

Reich - This is pretty hard for me but if your a move monkey go for it!

Collective - A nice but knuckle busting flourish that has some uncomfortable finger positions

Elysium -This is another personal favorite of mine, very stylish

Those are the ten main flourishes, Every flourish is amazing but my personal favorites are ekklesia, twistor, elysium, and arriflex.
you also get 4 bonus flourishes upload, elite, whirlpool, and Skydive
my favorite out of those are whirlpool and elite

You also get some special features such as jam videos, performance videos, and interviews

Quality - Now we all know that theory11 is the best when it comes to quality but man! they sure took it up a notch with solo! the production quality and editing remind me of inception. But great job theory11!

Teaching - This is a major part of any cardistry dvd, if the teaching isn't good then the video is trash, i am sorry but thats the truth. But MJ does a great job with the verbal explanations and The text and slow motion explanations. The only problem were the angles, I mean dont get me wrong they were great but there were just some parts that i wished had different angles.

The download process was a little sloppy as all of the contents were in one folder

But over all this gets a 9/10 from me and i highly reccomend it!
Many props to MJ for creating the flourishes and to the whole theory11 team for amazing quality, especially you Andrei!

This gets a thumbs up from me!
Thanks,
Yousaf Ejaz

GarethNg

Elite Member
Oct 14, 2011
The flourish descriptions were a bit vague considering the trailer doesn't show all the flourishes. If you could add a bit more description that would be good. The review was pretty well written though.

Dec 16, 2011
The flourish descriptions were a bit vague considering the trailer doesn't show all the flourishes. If you could add a bit more description that would be good. The review was pretty well written though.
Alright,
When i review any thing else i will make sure to include that, thanks

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results