ELECTION by Eric Ross

Oct 22, 2008
Election By Eric Ross- The Effect: Election is a hands off miracle. A new, crushing enhancement to the 'You do as I do' routine or a shocking stand-alone effect with any deck. Two spectators are given two separate decks of cards. They both freely select cards and show the same card. This is all done in their hands with a normal deck that is completely examinable. Wait until you see the kicker on this one.

This really is a miracle. It is like no do as I do trick I have ever seen. I truthfully thought that nothing was going to beat blind by Daniel Madison, not saying that it still isn't good but once I discovered the method to election and started performing the reactions were crazy. Truthfully CRAZY!

What I truly loved about this effect that Eric sort of mentions in the download is once I finish the basic do as I do era they go super crazy, but they don't even know that the best part is still yet to come! The climax is just killer.

The quality of Papercrane's videos are always top notch and they did not change that in this one, I can assure you.

Eric's Teaching I found to be average. It was nothing super special and a bit boring at times.. but it got down all that you needed to really know and I think that is truly the most important part. So I basically found in general the teaching just fine. Simple instructions.

There is... I guess you may call it a gimmick but it is something you might use every day and could probably find it lying somewhere around your house. If not than go out into town or any convenient store, which it costs around maybe 1 or 2 bucks.

This trick is super easy to accomplish yet of course you should need a good performance to go with it. Of course that is a huge part of doing most tricks in front of people. ;)

This download DOESN'T stop though! He shows you 3 different sick bonus effects including:

Twisted- A great routine by itself but a better closer. Instead of a standard effect where a finger ring disappears, you make your finger disappear. It gets better... in a flash your vanished finger visually penetrates a solid finger ring.

I do enjoy watching this because it definitley fooled me, yet I didn't like the gimmick so much. It is probably something an average amount of people maybe don't have although a lot of magicians may, so if you do or if you are willing to buy it than I am sure you will enjoy this one. Because it is extremely visual.

Sucker- Visual, visual, visual. Bitten and restored sucker. You'll love the method to this one. It will be your favorite part of the effect.

I like this one. It is hard to say my opinion for it though. The method is clever yet it is something I find that out of all of these may take the most practice. Eventually though I will probably find a spot in my routine to add this in there.

Distorted- Eric's take on the card through bill illusion. This one is visual and impromptu.

Now this one I really enjoyed, considering I am more of an impromtu guy and this is just that. You take a card that also may be signed and a borrowed bill, suddenly you see it slowly push though just a bit. Pull it out and it's completely examinable. I really didn't find this one hard to do and have seen the type of ide before but it is very cool. This lead me to thinking of my own versions and possibilities to other tricks I made up. Really enjoyed this one.

Overall: This really is suchhh a great download. What? Oh my God! It's only 15 bucks?! For all the jam packed effects on this it is almost a steal. I totally reccomend this. I use election actually as more of an opener. It is just absoloutely great, and I think you guys will enjoy this one alot.

If I were to grade this out of 10 I would give it a... drum role please... 8.5/10 The reason being like alot of people say "Nothing is perfect." And that is just it. It has it's little flaws that I brought up earlier but that should not stop you from purchasing this amazing effect. Do me a favor and go pick it up:

http://www.papercranemagic.com/election.htm

Trust me, you will be happy.

-Jake

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results