Election in America

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 1, 2007
Houston TX
Ok guys lets talk politics.

If you are behind the loop. Obama just won the presidential election.

I personally think us magicians should "demand to be taken seriously" from our new president (AD quote: GOB btw)

i wasnt too into all of this stuff but i would like to see some other magician's views on this year's election.

Oct 11, 2008
TBH I wasn't crazy over either candidate, but I was tilted a little bit towards Obama.

The economy wasn not all of Bush's fault, and I honestly feel that in the next 25-35 years, when reviewing his presidency, he'll be regarded as a pretty decent president. I don't agree with all of the things he did in office, but this in't really the plce for politics. :)

jonraiker

vp of development
Team member
Aug 5, 2007
Florida
instagram.com
Just a quick note. I'll keep the thread open so long as it doesn't turn into a political debate. I've removed a few posts already and will be watching this one closely, but having a "Congratulations!" thread was inevitable regardless of which candidate came out on top.

Carry on. :cool:

Jul 16, 2008
austin, tx
I don't understand everyone's objection to political debates. Are magicians just afraid to rationally express their political opinions, because judging by most posts it's not just apathy... Most people on here seemed to be in the tank for someone.

At any rate, I am definitely relieved Obama won tonight. Congratulations, Mr. President!

Jan 31, 2008
Congratz Obama! Definitely a big chapter in history being the first African American prez. Let's all pray that he can fix this country!.... And McCains speech was good....

May 9, 2008
Correction, Barack Hussein Obama is 6% African, 44% Arab, and 50% White, so he's a European-Arab-African-American, not just African-American.

But how about we just call him an American, ok? This election shouldn't be about race, it should be about ideals. Race doesn't matter anymore.

I didn't vote for Obama, and I don't agree with many of his ideals, but it's not the end of the world. I'm actually excited about the future. He's our new president and I congradulate him, and hopefully he will follow through on his promises and actually change some things for the better.

Congrats Obama.

TKH

Aug 31, 2007
Wisconsin
I supported him, and am glad that he won. I do want to point out that McCain had an awesome sppech at the end their, you really could see why he is so respected. Obama had a good one as well, but just did his little Yes we can stuff.

I think we will have a great four years ahead. most likely a lot of the promises will not pull through, but it will steer us towards a much better future.

j.bayme

ceo / theory11
Team member
Jul 23, 2007
New York City
Regardless of which party you supported, today was a great day for America as a whole. It's a great day when people of all ages, races, backgrounds, and opinions can join together in expression of their thoughts and ideas through the magic of the simplest thing - a vote.

It's a truly humbling thing when individuals can join together in support of the ideals that they hold close to heart - with the goal being improving something much larger than oneself. It shows that one slip of paper can matter - and the voice of one can shape the direction of things much larger.

In all reality - that's why we're here, and that's the vision of theory11. We are here to join together in a community of all types of people for many reasons. To have fun. To learn. To improve. To make friends. To argue. To agree. To improve as performers. To grow more passionate. To innovate. And in that process and because of it - to advance an artform from the inside out.

Whoever you voted for today - cheers to America.

Nov 20, 2007
Sydney, Australia
Thanks JB.

I don't understand everyone's objection to political debates. Are magicians just afraid to rationally express their political opinions, because judging by most posts it's not just apathy... Most people on here seemed to be in the tank for someone.

At any rate, I am definitely relieved Obama won tonight. Congratulations, Mr. President!

Inevitably, from experience, debates regarding politics deteriorate very quickly into mudslinging matches where two sides with lots of mud but very little knowledge just gun away at each other with insults. It's not a magician thing, but rather, a forum thing.

That said, congratulations Obama.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results