Elimination Help

Mar 7, 2008
hello... i recently bought an amazing effect called '357' by tom lauten but performed and explained by the wonderful characters - peter nardi and marc spelmann.

Effect: A participant is invited to examine six cards, each one has the word 'Click' on one side and 'Bang' on the other. Six regular envelopes are examined and any card is placed into any envelope as the performer explains that each card represents a bullet and each envelope is the chamber of a gun. Turning away the performer instructs them to place one card showing the 'Bang' and the others showing a 'Click' into each envelope. All are mixed up as the performer turns back and attempts to divine which envelope contains the 'Bang' card.

but im having difficulty with constructing an interesting eliminating sequence of the 6 cards. obviously on the dvd both marc and peter have their own elimination sequence which is fine, but i didnt really find theirs interesting enough for me to perform if you understand?

heres where i am up to now - i think ive got something in mind to eliminate the last envelope, in which i will have 2 remaining envelopes on the table after the other 4 have been eliminated and i ask the spectator to check which one has the 'bang' card inside while im turned away.then i face them again (and here i wanted to do a type of bluffing scenario) i tell them that i want them to tell me which card is in which envelope and that they can either lie and be truthful, but remember that your playing for all that money that ive put down on the table ( i supose this could be done with 3 remaining envelopes)

but yeah, this is the lines i was thinking.one thing that they did on the performance of the dvd which i dont want to incorporate was, at some points marc would hover his hand over the envelopes, as if he had somekind of pshychic sense of which envelope contained what.something along the jist of that. i want to make my routine a game of chance and luck.

if you guys can help by giving me ideas and suggestions then i would be really grateful. im hoping to perfrom this effect next weekend.
thankyou.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results