Emerge Triumphant by Oz Pearlman

Sep 3, 2007
Europe
Emerge Triumphant by Oz Pearlman

The Official Spam-

Well, like the Blackjack Deal, there is no "Official Spam" to post here, so I'll give you the basic run down of the effect. You have a spectator select a card, memorize it, and place it back in the deck. You then riffle shuffle the cards face up into face down. After you have done this, you snap your fingers over the deck, and lo and behold, the deck has righted itself back to it's original condition... all except one card, which is face up in the face down deck... it is, of course, the spectator's selected card. However, the real kicker comes when you reveal the deck to be in new deck order, including their card!

Setup: 4/10

I hate doing the setup for this effect... mainly because it is time consuming. It cannot be done in front of the spectators, but then again, most setup can't.

Difficulty: 6/10 (10 being the hardest)

This effect is actually harder than I thought it would be. The False Riffle Shuffle is the key to this effect, and will take quite a bit of practice to get down. It also involves Marlo's All-Around Square Up Move (not required), and the Flippant Move (I hate this move). So, be prepared to practice on this one!

Reset: 5/10

The "easibility" of this reset is all a matter of how long you perform. If you don't do any tricks afterwards, the trick is instantly repeatable... but if you do do some effects after this one, you will have to set the deck up again.

Price: 7/10

I think the price of this effect was just a tad too much, but you do learn some cool moves, and a great effect.

Pros:

- Hard hitting.

- Can be instantly resettable at times.

- No trick decks.

Cons:

- Is not instantly resettable most of the time.

- Some moves will be difficult for a beginner, and will require practice (oh no!).

- Setup cannot be done in front of the spectators.

Overall: 7/10

I really like this effect, and would like to incorporate it into one of my routines soon. The only problem is the setup at the beginning. But, for all you people out there who want to buy this and then go show it to your parents 15 minutes later... this trick is not for you. I don't like the setup, but I think in the end it is worth it.

Sep 1, 2007
I use a different triumph method.. I actually learned it at camp. It is my favorite trick that i've performed.

WHY THE HELL ARE WE TALKING ABOUT OZ PEARLMAN? HE IS SO INCREDIBLY BAD IT'S NOT EVEN IMPORTANT. AND, if any of you didn't know, HE RIPPED OFF Thunderbird from LEE ASHER, and sold it as Stary Eyed Suprise. Who cares what he is doing. 95% of magic sucks, and he is one of the worst.

Sep 3, 2007
Europe
Hey man, take it easy. I didn't know he ripped off Lee, I'm sorry to hear that. I don't think he's a sucky magician, if you ask me, he's quite talented. I'm sorry that you disagree but please, if you want to argue about it, please PM me, I would prefer this thread stay open. Thanks.

Mikka: I also use a different version of Triumph... an impromptu version that isn't used very much (published in a kind of rare booklet). It's called Trini's Triumph Bluff Style. It's pretty good, and if you can't tell by the name, the whole effect relies on a bluff.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sep 1, 2007
He did not rip off Thunderbird! He gives credit to Lee Asher for the beginning of the trick, but the rest was original. He's a very very good teacher, and a somewhat talented magician (not one of the greats, but he's good).

As for this effect, I've been looking for good, impromptu, in the hands Triumph and this isn't it, but it's a good effect if you don't mind the drawbacks. There are better triumphs, but I love the kicker ending.

If you like the effect and think you can deal with the setup, buy it. It's great. And most importantly, you learn (in my opinion) one of the most convincing and practicle false shuffles there is. It's the only false shuffle I use! IT'S WORTH THE PRICE OF THE TRICK ALONE!

rating is basiclly along the lines with my experience with his material. good ideas with not much real practicality. some just plain bad. hes got the chops but always seems to fall a buck short

Sep 4, 2007
Triumph is one of my favorite tricks. I use a different version, though, without the false riffle and new deck finish. My version is probably a bit "dumbed down" but it requires no set-up, and can be pulled off totally impromptu with any deck, anywhere, anytime. I do like the new deck finisher here... Seems pretty slick just hearing about the flow of the trick...

Aug 31, 2007
My House
WHY THE HELL ARE WE TALKING ABOUT OZ PEARLMAN? HE IS SO INCREDIBLY BAD IT'S NOT EVEN IMPORTANT. AND, if any of you didn't know, HE RIPPED OFF Thunderbird from LEE ASHER, and sold it as Stary Eyed Suprise. Who cares what he is doing. 95% of magic sucks, and he is one of the worst.

yo brett remember when lee was reading the emails between him and oz in card class that stuff was hilarious.

Sep 3, 2007
Europe
You'd have to be very fast to do the setup in a minute. It usually takes me two at the least, because I make sure that I do it right. Also, if you don't have all the cards in the deck, obviously the ending won't look right.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results