Endure by Justin Miller

Oct 9, 2008
Endure by Justin Miller

What you get-
In these notes your get a 32 page E-book and 48 videos that correspond with the E-book for easy learning. I think others who want to release notes as e-books should follow Justin’s lead, it makes a lot easier to learn an effect when you read it then watch the explanation. The videos are basic and don’t have any fancy editing, but its all clear enough to learn the effects taught. Justin does not talk in the videos but goes over everything multiple times to music.

B.C.T.M. Better Card To Mouth
Difficulty - 7/10

Effect- A new Version of card to mouth.

Thoughts on the effect-
I liked this idea a lot. This is a very direct version of the card to mouth effect. The spectator will actually see the moment the card vanishes and by then its already in your mouth. I will probably use this handling from now on, because it is very simple, direct, and strong.

Edge.
Difficulty - 6/10

Effect-Edge is a sandwich routine where you clip the EDGE of two cards under your watch then have a card selected, when you take the cards out from under your watch the selection is sandwiched in between the cards.

Thoughts on the effect-
Edge is Justin’s take on a classic plot in card magic...the sandwich. I remember seeing a video of this a while back and thought it was a solid quick effect…… and I still do. This is a great effect if you wear a watch.

Vortex
Difficulty- 6/10

EFFECT- You have a spectator take off their ring and place it into your empty hand. While they have a hold of your wrist, the ring vanishes with a tap on the back of your hand with a sharpie marker. (short sleeves yes) with your hand total empty you shake the pen and the ring is HEARD inside the sharpie, you tell them sometimes it gets stuck so with empty hands ( its looks so fair) you take off the cap show them the inside of the cap and very cleanly and openly shake the ring out into their waiting hand.

Thoughts on the effect-
This is a fun little effect, it has a clever method and its cool for them to hear the ring inside before it comes out of the cap. I won’t be performing for my working gigs but for a casual performance for friends or family this would be great.

The Sick Control
Difficulty - 8.5/10

Effect- A devious utility move.

Thoughts on the effect-
When saw the video I instantly liked this move. Sick is a move that can control a card to the top or bottom of the deck in a very smooth manner. Justin also goes over using the move as a color change which looks great as well. It is going to take some time to get smooth, but I think it will be well worth it.

Snow Days
Difficulty - 7/10

Effect- A snowman is drawn messed up on the back of the selection, then the drawing of the snowman visually rights itself. Now you hand them a lighter and turn the picture of the snowman face down over the lighter and water starts dripping from the back of the card….when its turned over it shows a melted snowman.

Thoughts on the effect-
This is a very well thought out routine, I can see it playing over very well and getting some great reactions. I have always loved effects where a drawing turns into something real, and it turning into liquid I think is a great idea. The setup is not hard but will take a few minutes, so for a close up show it would be great but not so much for walk around or restaurant gigs.

The vibration move
Difficulty- 6/10

Effect- A way to switch a card with no cover.

Thoughts on the effect-
This is an interesting move it did not catch my interest right away, but once I played around with it I can see it has some potential. I can seen myself using it in the future.

Eclipse

Difficulty- 7/10

Effect- A signed Coin and signed card switch places .

Thoughts on the effect-
Simply put ….this effect is a worker. Justin has constructed a beautiful routine that requires no extras or gimmicks which is nice. I think this is a great take on the card And coin transpo and this is easily one of the best ideas in the notes in my opinion.

Essay
How do they figure out effects anyways?

This essay has some great insight into a question I know I have asked myself before….how do they figure effects out?

3 lives Of Daley
Difficulty- 6/10

Effect- Justin added two phases to the original effect.

Thoughts on the effect-
Okay so the second phase is where you set one black ace aside and then the two red aces switch places with the single black ace. I thought this idea was pretty good. The last phase is where you set a red ace aside and perform a two card transpo with the last two cards. I thought the last phase was okay, but nothing new really is going on.

Glare

Difficulty- 7/10

Effect- A card visually changes while trapped under the cellophane of the card box.

Thoughts on the effect-
This is another great little effect, its visual and Justin goes over how to perform a few versions of it with the gimmick and teaches an impromptu method. I liked the effect.

Conclusion-
I have performed about half of the effects and moves for a real audience, and they went over well. So in these notes you have a few effects that are real workers, you have some new moves to learn and play around with and also a couple of effects to do in casual situations that are fun to perform and watch. Over all I would give these well rounded notes an 8/10.

Available AT - www.justinmillermagic.com/

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results