Entourage by Gordon Bean Review

Jan 5, 2008
Oklahoma
Entourage by Gordon Bean

Effect:
Mentalism at it's best. 6 cards are introduced to your spectator; 2 face up jokers guarding 4 face down queens. The spectator is asked if he or she believes in ESP and regardless of answer you begin to demonstrate that the spectator is in tune with their psychic abilities more than most. You ask the spectator to name any one of the 4 face down queens, an absolute fair choice with no force whatsoever. You instruct the spectator to remove one face down queen at a time, eliminating them. They pick the 3 queens they don't want without ever seeing their face and put them face down in their open hand. You have one queen left and to the amazement of everyone around, the queen is turned over and it is the queen the spectator named. As a climax you tell the spectator that it's pretty impressive that they picked the right queen to begin with, but that there was statistically a 25% chance of them getting it right anyways. At that moment you turn the 3 face down queens in the spectators hands over to reveal that they are actually 3 jokers which means the only queen in the entire 6 cards is the queen they named.

Thoughts:
This is one of the best tricks I have purchased in my decade in magic. It's nearly 3 years old, but is an instant classic in the realm of mentalism and packet tricks. It destroys B-wave and Twisted Sister, both classics in the same genre. There is no rough-smooth principle used or any true sleight of hand. You get 6 precision perfect cards (4 of which can be examined, and they are the only 4 that the spectator will ever ask to see from my experiences). Though this is a gimmicked packet trick, it really doesn't feel like it. Many magicians use this in their commercial routines like David Regal and the ever fading Criss Angel(none of that mind freak nonsense, in his actual commercial routine he has used this). You get the 6 cards in the package as well as a glossy, 9 page instruction booklet that covers everything you need to know. I generally don't like written instructions, I prefer dvd's, but everything was very clear and easy to follow. Plus, there are a few youtube videos of this up so you can see the different handlings people have come up with. This gets reactions like you wouldn't believe.

Difficulty:
2/10= It's not difficult at all. This should easily be performed by any beginner to advanced magicians. No sleight of hand whatsoever.

Reset:
This trick instantly resets after a performance. At the end of the performance all cards will be in their original positions and you can start the whole thing again so it's ideal for walk around.

Overall:
This is the best bang for my buck that I've ever gotten in magic. 10 years into my magic career and this little packet trick might be my most MAGICAL piece. I highly, highly recommend.

You can buy the product here: http://www.gordonbean.com/entourage.html

Video of a performance here:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lkv4YYLrXQg

Another one here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oRXpKNEVa1I

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results